1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodykit, will this bodykit fit facelift a3?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MoAudi1.8T, Dec 27, 2007.

1. MoAudi1.8T

MoAudi1.8T Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    Hi there ppl, some of you might remember that i posted a thread last week in regards to fitting an s3 kit on a normal a3 however i think i have changed my mind tbh after seeing this kit : -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-8l-1996-2002-FULL-BODYKIT-BUMPERS-BUMPER_W0QQitemZ190184756029QQihZ009QQcategoryZ72206QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What i like about this kit is that it is quite subtle and not over the top like some of those chav bodykits on the market today. With some foglights fitted i think it will look very nice, what do you think??????

Also it mentions in the auction that it includes a front bumper spoiler and a rear bumper spoiler?
    What does spoiler mean??? Sorry for sounding dumb:sorry:
    Is this the same as saying that it is a full bumper or will the bottom bit of the this kit attach to my existing bumpers??????????

And sorry one more question. lol

It mentions in the auction that it fits a3's from 1996 - 2002. Am i right in saying that the facelift started at 2000/X-reg and continued till 2003? So will this be fine fitting it on a facelift a3?

Thanks for your patience (not sure if i spelt that correctly, lol)

Any advice will be much appreciated

Cheers

Mo

P.S I wont be fitting those side skirts in the kit, they look uglyyy. im planning on just colour coding the existing skirts :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. ash_s3

ash_s3 Active Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    looks dogshit imo, but if you like it - go for it!

and sadly yes it will fit your A3 mate
  4. bouncer--daz

bouncer--daz A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

[Dec 27, 2007]
    looks like a pile of ****...dont do it!
  5. RGBArgee

RGBArgee Guest

[Dec 27, 2007]
    My advice is don't do it!!IMHO Standard is best look.:icon_thumright:
  6. Sam-K

Sam-K Has a throbbing red german.

[Dec 27, 2007]
    I have seen MUCH MUCH worse, if you like it bud do it.. could look quite tidy so long as you don't have a dtm style exhaust, those little flicky silver bits on the skirts look a bit gash too. and i think you would need an s3 spoiler to even up the top and bottom of the rear of the car..

Oh and some 18" Oem wheels, lowered about 40-50 mm :)
  7. Sam-K

Sam-K Has a throbbing red german.

[Dec 27, 2007]
    just read what you put about the side skirts.

Good work. ;)
  8. mattm

mattm goldmember.

[Dec 27, 2007]
    IMO the fit will be **** so the money it will cost to get it fitted id save the money and get s3 bumpers or look for something better! And to your question, they are just add-ons not full bumpers.
  9. james0808

james0808 Active Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    Someone on here is fitting an RS4 style front bumper and it looks verrrry nice.
  10. MoAudi1.8T

MoAudi1.8T Member

[Dec 30, 2007]
    i thought it looked quite nice but anyway looks like you guys have persuaded me to go for the original s3 parts. lol

Where would be the best place to get an s3 bumper, s3 rear bumper and s3 side skirts? Iv looked on ebay but dont come up very often so was wondering if there was any breakers that you guys knew or any companies that deal with second hand parts?

Also will s3 side skirts fit an a3 as long as it it is the same body i.e. 3dr ???

Thanks
  11. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

[Dec 30, 2007]
    don't think you will get a complete kit from just one car but you may be lucky, if you think about it most S3's that are scrapped, are scrapped because of bumps so chances are either front or rear bumpers will be damaged, i would look for the same colour if possible to keep costs down you may get away without painting , make sure you get all the grille's etc these cost loads from Audi and buy each bit as they come up for sale as all these bit can be fitted on their own , and even if you end up with two of something as you already know they are hard to come by and you will resell easy

Rob

Rob
  12. MoAudi1.8T

MoAudi1.8T Member

[Dec 30, 2007]
    what im planning to do is buy an a3 1.8T from auction as a mate of mines cousin is a trader. Im after a facelift model (y-plate roughly) with average mileage, he reckons i can pick one up for around £3000 which seems about right for auction?????

also if i get a pre-facelift a3 will i need pre-facelift s3 parts or if i get a facelift a3 i will need facelift s3 parts???? is this correct???

cheers
  13. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

[Dec 30, 2007]
    i think face lift was just cosmetic changes the front, rear lights and interior trim only and engine, body panels doors wings etc are the same , however S3's have diffirent front wings to A3's pre facelift and post facelift

Rob
  14. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

[Dec 30, 2007]
    If you like that kit dude then go for it! Not enough people doing what they want lately, seems everyone just slates them untill they change their mind! Its your car not theirs at the end of the day

Plus I dont see the point in putting S3 parts on an A3, its making it look like something its not and why build a car that you can buy already done and with correct wings and better fit?

Any non oem kit will be slated on here instantly, you shouldnt think outside the box, the box is there for a reason (so you dont get picked on by all the people in standard cars lol)

Oh and deffo dont get a private plate on your car lol, youd be better off going on holiday or something apparently
  15. Bula_82

Bula_82 Self Confessed Nightmare!

[Dec 30, 2007]
    LOL, nice points there, I agree.

If you like it, do it.

I wanted to fit an S3 spoiler to my A3, and then realised I wanted the bumber for fogs, and someone suggested side skirts, I then decide to scrap that idea as if I wanted an S3, i'd have bought one, and IMO, there's no ;point making your car look like something its not, with the money you spend changing it, you could have put towards that car you secretly desire.