Body kits

Gadgeteer

Reaction score
Hello,

this is my first post, having recently discovered the forum. I am in the market for a 2.0 TDi, probably an SE with DSG.

The question I would like to ask is about a bodykit I saw on a showroom model the other week. The dealer says it was a 'Quattro GMBH' kit and is a dealer fit. I have seen references to a vortex (sp?)bodykit in earlier messages in here but the dealer didn't seem to recognise that name.

Am I right in saying that both makes are part of the vw-audi group of companies? Is either fitted at the factory, or are they all dealer fit? Do they look different? Costs?

Also saw a customers car while I was in the dealer. It had a front number plate surround that extended the chrome grille strips down to join up with the chrome lower grille, in the fashion of the fastback. Dealer said they fitted it and it was about £300.

Not driven a 'performance' diesel before. Last experience was around 3 years ago in a hired Vauxhall Astra and this was pretty much a 'tractor' so have some high expectations for the 2.0TDi.
A Diesel makes economic sense as my wife would use it commute to work, a round trip of around 80+ miles per day.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

The bodykit that Audi supply is a votex kit. Votex is a wholly owned subsidiary of VAG.

The kit is a stunner but I ordered an Abt kit from my dealer which is only working out at £200 more than the votex kit. The dealer quoted £1350 fully fitted for the votex kit.

Steve

The dealer has quoted me in the region of £1600 for the quattro gmbh kit.

It seems Quattro GMBH is also a wholly owned subsidiary of VAG!

Would like to know the difference between the two kits. Unfortunately, the dealers car has been sold and I've never seen a Votex.

By the way, the front grille kit was by ABT

I think the Votex and Quattro GmbH kits are the same

I don't think that Quattro do a kit for the A3. The kit they are talking about is the votex kit that most dealers offer. I was quoted £1369 for the votex kit to be supplied and fitted to my S-Line at Smith Knight Fay Stockport. The lower price may be due to the fact the S-Line already comes with a roof spoiler.

Do a google search for Fourtitude. This site has pictures of all the available kits for the A3.

You are correct that the front numberplate surround is by Abt. This is on back order due to the high volume of sales. I am going to ask the dealer for a quote for a Sportback full bumper/front before I take the plunge with this though.

Steve

I have been looking at Oneswoop who have quoted me £1500 fitted.

(looking at Broadspeed as well, seem £££'s cheaper overall)