1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW 330d SE - what should I be looking for?

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by imported_CurryMilkShake, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Other that the indicator stalk that is!

It looks like I am about to join the dark side..

Company car (yes my lovely remapped A4) going back at the end of the month so I need to replace it..

have been trying to get something with at least the same or pref a good deal more performance, but the 'sensible' head has been trying to get me to go diesel and less than £10k..

not much about! anyway, have found a 2000 BMW 330d SE with that lovely 3 litre diesel lump.. tiptronic, 45k miles, metallic steel blue, alloys, cruise, parking sensors, aircon, cd multi, 17" alloys, new tyres, electric everything, full bmw s/h, - reduced from £12995 to £10895... going to look at it over the weekend..

so what should I look at? any gotchas with these? I understand they have a timing chain rather than belt so thats less of an issue.. would be grateful for pointers, as i like this forum and dont know of a BMW equivalent!

Thanks.. bring on the abuse now fellas..!

2. oh and pointers on the remap options would be good too!!

ANy idea what power the 2000 330d is? Ive seen a variety of figures so far..

3. joost

joost Active Member

This might be able to give you some info...

clicky

4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

AmD can map that for you if you're that way inclined, I was actually thinking of getting one when I was thinking of trying to save some money last year - good choice I reckon.

5. Well I did it.. will post pics perhaps! this is what it looks like: http://www.millenniacars.co.uk/vehicles/bmw_330d_se_saloon_5.htm

Pick it up in a weeks time..

they are going to get the alloys refurbed, regas the aircon, put a fresh 12month ticket on, valet it, put a 12month parts/elec warranty on, and I got it for £10.5k...

Seems a sensible bet - the mileage is so low compared to all the others I found, that I can put 30k on it over the next year or two and still count it as low for its age.. and it drove beautifully.. handling I would say not as sharp as the A4 but its an SE not a sport.. quick though.. and i have already located the indicator stalk!

Adrian flux quoted £535 to include having it remapped, (240BHp here we come!) with a £300 excess..

Wish me luck!! I shall still be around though I am sure!

6. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Very nice CMS hope it serves you well mate!