BMC CDA users

monty77

Reaction score
Website
www.s3.adam-m.co.uk
What did you do for the cold air feed? There doesn't seem to be any space to run the tubing anywhere to get cold air so I've left it without one for now, any harm in that?

Cheers!
Adam

Does it not take its feed from where the OEM box used to? running it without the cold air feed is defeating the purpose of the filter and it'll just be sucking hot air

[ QUOTE ]
Andy bS3 said:
Does it not take its feed from where the OEM box used to? running it without the cold air feed is defeating the purpose of the filter and it'll just be sucking hot air

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't line up with the OEM air feed location, which incidentally is so small I sincerley doubt it's of any benefit as it stands. Ideally I'd like to route the tubing to behind the bumper somewhere but space is tight thanks to the 2nd intercooler. Will take it apart and have another go this afternoon.

Cheers,
Adam

Hi, had a BMC on my S3, routed the feed around the battery just to the rear of headlamp, cut the tube so it sits about an inch away, the threaded mount for the factory airbox did push into the tube although it doesn't puncture it, if you look carefully behind the headlamp where the inner wing starts you will see the scooped area of metal where the factory box gets its cold air,(as well as the vent in the wheel arch liner), siting the air feed pipe here should be ok not ideal. Have now changed back to standard box thinking of modding using the blanked off sections in upper rad grille corners for cold feed. ab