1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth retro fit help

cooploop Sep 2, 2010

1. cooploop

cooploop New Member

Hi,
    I have just bought an A6 Avant 2.7 Tdi S-line Lemans (2008) and I am looking to retro fit bluetooth.
    It has MMI Basic and a single slot CD and MFSW.
    I have been trawling this forum trying to establish which unit to buy and I think i would prefer OEM.
    Can anyone advise me what I need to buy to fit this to the car. I would be happy to try fitting it myself if there is a guide somewhere on here maybe? or if anyone can recommend someone to fit it (Glasgow area).
    Also can I buy a multichanger and and replace the single slot Cd directly or would I need anything else?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Cockney Boy

Cockney Boy Member

Get yourself down to mancheaster and see Craig at index its a drive, but in the long run it will save you loads of money in retrofitting.

I'm a lttle confused about the single CD comment. to my knoledge Audi dont do a single CD drive especially for a car of your year. Typically on most A6's with sat Nav, you would have the DVD drive in the boot for the Nav and a 6-disk changer in the Glove box.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. cooploop

cooploop New Member

Thanks for the advice. I don't have sat nav. It only has a single cd in the glovebox and I am wondering if it is a straight swop for a multi changer?
    Cheers

4. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

You have MMI basic +

That is a single CD/Radio/Controller in the glovebox, amp in the boot and not much else. You cannot replace the single CD with a 6 CD as it is the radio and screen controller module combined with the CD. So you can add a 6 CD along side it, effectively 7 CD's.

I have bluetooth kits and 6 CD changers for your car. But it is not something you can install yourself.