1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Phonebook Sync Issue

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by flippantaudi, Mar 28, 2014.

1. flippantaudi

flippantaudi Member

Hi all

For some reason my MMI 3G HDD does not want to sync my iPhone phonebook anymore. The handsfree still works fine but I have no names available to me through the MMi so when the phone rings it only shows a number. Its been fine for the first 6 months of ownership and just suddenly stopped working. I cant remember if it happened around the time I updated my iPhone iOS. Anyone else had experience of this? I've tried un-pairing/forgetting/re-pairing - rebooting MMI etc and no joy.

As always any help or advice is appreciated.
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

It's normally caused by a bad entry on the phone book, check to see if you have added any contact recently.
  3. flippantaudi

flippantaudi Member

Thanks for the reply B5NUT. Ive been through every recent entry and all the numbers are normal. I've even been through my whole phonebook and changed all the +44's to 0's! Even though it worked fine with those before. Im at a loss and its doing my head in a bit. Must be the recent iOS update maybe?
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

You most likely have a corrupt/bad entry and it won't be visible,looking at the phone. Every phone sync issue I have seen is caused by phone book issue. backup and delete the most resent entries.
  5. flippantaudi

flippantaudi Member

Tried this B5NUT but still wont work. Deleted most recent entries, total re-install of software on phone but still no joy. At a loss what to try next.
  6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

When you did a re-install, did you restore the phone book, I would try with only one entire and see how that goes.