1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Pairing problem

JJ McJohnson Oct 31, 2011

1. JJ McJohnson

JJ McJohnson New Member

Hi all....I am after some advice on the Audi 2.0 TDI S line 58 plate I bought a few days ago.
    The car was advertised as having Bluetooth, but I can't seem to pair my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) or my wife's phone (Blackberry Curve) to the BT in the car.
    When I press the TEL button on the Stereo - the message displays "Telephone Not Installed". Also, when I press the Phone Answer button on the Steering Wheel - the message on the dash says "Button not in Use"

I know the Bluetooth works on the phones as they can see one another when searching for Bluetooth devices.
    I am aware that you have to try to pair the phone with the car's BT within 1 minute? of starting the engine - and this is how I've been testing is unsuccessfully so far (as I cannot see "Audi UVH" in the Bluetooth devices list).

I am on the verge of concluding that the car was mis-sold to me and going back to the Trade Seller to ask for some money back on the price I apid, but as a last ditch effort I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to help me confirm if the car definitely doesn't have BT, or if I'm doing something wrong .

Thanks....JJ