Bluetooth option for DVD Sat Nav +

richy

Reaction score
Website
www.vagowners.com
guys work has stung me with getting a hand free kit.. (i don't belive in them)

so told me i have to get one under the contract of employment..

(forgot to read that bit)

anyways i don't want a cradle so was opting for the bluetooth option. pref the actual audi bluetooth..

is anyone able to give me any details on this? retro if poss?

Hi there....I don't exactly understand what you mean by "option for DVD Sat Nav +"...

As far as I know the bluetooth car kit is a stand alone extra you add on when you order the car. I have actually ordered it and in the UK it comes as a package with an armrest and multifunction steering wheel.

There is an optional cradle in the armrest but you only need that to charge the phone and use the external car antenna. (according to my dealer).

To my knowledge it is not retrofittable....you may want to have a look at the forums on www.tyresmoke.net and www.audiworld.com too.

BTW What car are we talking about? Have you ordered it yet?

For what its worth I fitted a Nokia CK-7W to my A6 - Hasn't got BOSE which does make a difference, but fitting is straight forward. The only hard bit is finding a switched and unswitched 12V supply - I got mine from the fuse box.

The only thing you see is a small button in a location of choice.

The radio mutes automatically and I chopped off the supplied speaker and wired into the back of the HU to get the phone though the car speakers.

Also works if the sterio is turned off.

As previous comment, only need a cradle for ease of use and charging.

Mark

if you wire in a handsfree properly it doesnt need to chop speaker cables - it connects to the input of the head unit and mutes it, then routes the phone output to the car speakers via the head unit.

these type of adapters work with all bose and non-bose systems with the same wiring which is much more elegant

any bluetooth handsfree car kit will work if it has a mute connection rather than a speaker switcher - the same system will work with any of the audi head units - the only problem being the source of switched supply which later cars dont have to the head unit (ealier cars have a switched 12v supply to the head unit, later cars rely on the CAN bus so dont have a switched supply )

[ QUOTE ]
if you wire in a handsfree properly it doesnt need to chop speaker cables - it connects to the input of the head unit and mutes it, then routes the phone output to the car speakers via the head unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't chop the car speaker cables - but the speaker that came with the car kit - the bare wires were terminated in small (~2mm) lucar connectors and they were connected into the back of the head unit along with the mute. It will all come out again when the car is sold - and you will not know its been there!

Mark