Bluetooth not picking up phone

PMak83

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently bought a 2006 Q7. I managed to find the bluetooth settings and reset everything so that I could start "fresh". However, when I turn my bluetooth on my iPhone 5 and Nexus 5, I can't seem to see the 'car' appear in the listed number of devices. I've turned the car off and started it a number of times, and still no luck.

As the car is a 2006, is there a compatibility issue with newer versions of bluetooth firmware?

Thanks

Hey,

I recently bought a 2006 Q7. I managed to find the bluetooth settings and reset everything so that I could start "fresh". However, when I turn my bluetooth on my iPhone 5 and Nexus 5, I can't seem to see the 'car' appear in the listed number of devices. I've turned the car off and started it a number of times, and still no luck.

As the car is a 2006, is there a compatibility issue with newer versions of bluetooth firmware?

Thanks

Try thd reverse way. Make your phone discoverable then get the car to look for the phone.

Thanks for replying Ian.

I couldn't find an option to search for 'devices' in the telephone menu via the car. I had a ready through the manual, it looks like I need one of these handset's. Which I currently don't have, as I have the this in my car.

I assume, that once I've the audi handset plugged in the cradle, I can then sync this to my iPhone, to make use of the cars bluetooth functionality.

Unless i'm wrong?

Thanks for replying Ian.

I couldn't find an option to search for 'devices' in the telephone menu via the car. I had a ready through the manual, it looks like I need one of these handset's. Which I currently don't have, as I have the this in my car.

I assume, that once I've the audi handset plugged in the cradle, I can then sync this to my iPhone, to make use of the cars bluetooth functionality.

Unless i'm wrong?
My experience with most cars is that you make the phone discoverable then search for it from the car. I have a Q3 later than yours but on the MMI under phone, I select settings, then bluetooth then search for the phone and pair.

I am not an expert on this stuff but......
1) It would be a good idea to update your MMI system to the latest firmware - a dealer or good independent should be able to do this.
2) I am a little surprised that your bluetooth is not connecting.
3) I don't think you need a handset. You need an adaptor cradle like this. The adaptor clips to what is under your armrest and the iPhone clips into the adaptor. Depending on the car it should charge the phone and use the external aerial if fitted.

This a good thread and talks about phone ECU failures.

Last edited: