1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Module

hambo0 Jun 22, 2011

1. hambo0

hambo0 New Member

Hi Been looking at various previous threads on bluetooth modules and just have a question.

I currently have a 2005 A3 sportback with factory GSM and multi function steering wheel, I retrofitted RNS-E some years ago and have never been able to get the phone directory to work on the RNS-E or my iphone 3GS to sync with my GSM it pairs ok and can use the phone through the system to answer calls etc, but I can not scroll through my contacts when I press the mode button on the steering wheel it just says no entires unlike my old nokia which enabled me to scroll through the address book.

My question is I have been reading about that I probably have a old bluetooth module looking at the list 8P0 862 335 which is for a 2004 MY A3 europe. If I replaced it with a later version say 8P0 862 335 S which is a 2009.5 MY would this solve my problems.

Regards

hambo0

2. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

Don't you need to code the RNS-E in so that it will connect?

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Did you code it in properly, as you have to enable certain features.

4. hambo0

hambo0 New Member

Hi sorry for the late reply been away.

I did try coding it sometime ago, I did my research on here and borrowed a cable along with the ross tech software, but I had trouble changing the values, To be honest Im a complete novice using the software.

What features do I need to enable?