Bluetooth module location

Hammerheads

Reaction score
So I've been having problems with my bluetooth module which effectively stopped working when I had a flat battery!

Today I took the passenger seat out with a view to reseating the bluetooth module. After much swearing I unearthed the black box under the carpet but to my surprise I found the comfort module but not the bluetooth module.

I'm utterly confused, I dropped the glovebox last week and couldn't find the bluetooth module so I fully expected to see it underneath the passenger carpet. How the heck do I find the bluetooth module without dismantling the entire car?

Attachments

• IMG_20150913_163531.jpg
    IMG_20150913_163531.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
It's ok I worked it out by the part number in the photo, I'm guessing you have an A4 cabriolet.

It's under the drivers seat in a large plastic black box

It's ok I worked it out by the part number in the photo, I'm guessing you have an A4 cabriolet.

It's under the drivers seat in a large plastic black box
Hi Craig, yeah it's an A4 cabriolet. So, effectively I need to repeat what I did today on the other side? what a pain in the backside

Have you ever known a bluetooth module to spring to life by reseating it? Mine was fine til I had a flat battery, seems odd that it stopped working

I would suggest that it was the bluetooth module had flattened the battery. They are known for doing so withe the firmware of around 2007.

Unless your saying it is fine now you have reseated it.

I would suggest that it was the bluetooth module had flattened the battery. They are known for doing so withe the firmware of around 2007.

Unless your saying it is fine now you have reseated it.
Still not working, I only had enough daylight today to remove the passenger seat. Is it possible to update the firmware on the bluetooth module or will I need to replace it? I was hoping that unplugging it and reseating it may do the trick...

Last time I looked the latest one from Audi was the 8P1 862 335 A

No idea what the price is and it will need coding when installed.

You may think that your RNS-E is not powering down, but they take a while to do so. People often say "my RNS-E doesn't shut down" but it takes a long time for it to shut down fully. This is normal as the can bus system times out after 30 minutes from locking the door.

Last time I looked the latest one from Audi was the 8P1 862 335 A

No idea what the price is and it will need coding when installed.

You may think that your RNS-E is not powering down, but they take a while to do so. People often say "my RNS-E doesn't shut down" but it takes a long time for it to shut down fully. This is normal as the can bus system times out after 30 minutes from locking the door.

Thanks. Is this a service you offer Craig? I'm slowly souring on the RNS-E, is the mark 2 much better than the first BTW?