Bluetooth kit and Dension gateway 100

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Hola chaps....

Would anyone be interested in either a Parrot CK3200 colour bluetooth kit or a Dension Gateway 100 kit.....im wanting to buy an integrated kit instead.....both items are less than a year old and the parrot has the box etc....

just gauging at the minute

Is the dension were it connects into the back off the radio and works when you press play on the ipod!

you can operate the Denison either via the ipod or the OEM stereo..... you use the buttons to select playlists in order of either album or artist or the whole collection..... the old Dension used to have playlist selection but this was limited to the first 5 playlists i bleieve...tis one gives you access to them all, you just have to remember the first track of every playlist to know which your selecting....

These are the instructions emailed from Dension Support

As you know there are two different iPod modes available:

Gateway UI (Controls via Head Unit)
------------------------------------
Select disc 6 and select track 3 and press and Hold FF button about 2-3 seconds

Ipod UI mode: (Controls via iPod's touchwheel)
-----------------------------------------------
Select disc 6 and select track 2 and press and Hold FF button about 2-3 seconds

In Gateway mode:
-----------------
If you select disc 1 and press next track, you can browse in your playlist (you will hear the first song of your first playlist, if you press next track the first song of your second playlist will be audible - if you hear the proper one (what you want to listen) you just need to confirm your choice and press and hold the FFW button min. 2 seconds)
If you select disc 2 and press next track, you can browse in your artists
If you select disc 3 and press next track, you can browse in your album
If you select disc 5 and press next track, you are in Play all mode.

iPod UI mode:
-------------
only next track and previous track works. and of course you can select Gateway UI mode

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us again.
Please confirm thatour reply was satisfactory.

Tim you going for the mki9200?

yeah i am shy..... i just thought what the hell....like to have an integrated unit instead of the Denison (altho not everyone wants a mini screen on show).... and i already have my bluetooth screen mounted near my vents....

I should be able to cover the cost with what i get for these 2 items easily enough

tim the screen is removable, you can take it off and you get a little pouch to put it in when your not in the car.

i know mate tis a good piece of kit..... that said you aint helping my sales pitch chattin about it:lmfao:

lol... well i can vouch for the ck3200 being a ,good reliable kit, fitted loads to different cars and never had a problem with them, nice LCD screen along with the phonebook display etc.. very good hands free kit. :thumbsup:

well ****** me...........

fitted the mki9200 and guess what, no rear speakers...the first time i buy something without doing a proper read up first, i think from what i have read...the rears on a none bose system are powered by a small amp in the boot and so when i play the ipod from the parrot kit, it only plays on the front speakers....

dont get me wrong the onscreen display is excellant, downside is the kit actually plays the music as opposed to the stereo and the jury's still out on the sound quality....you can only select diffenrent genres (pop/rock etc) and not adjust base and treble....also the volume works via the parrot kit.... its very weird and im not convinced im gonna keep it unless i can get it working the rears speakers without too much hassle......

overall im pretty depressed at wasting £160 and an evening stripping the dash..... only upside is the tft screen looks brilliant and slim but then if i cant use it to get a decent sound from the ipod i cant see the point.... help!!

How do you know if you have bose or not?
Bummer about the kit tim, if its like that then think ill be giving it amiss.

you can tell by looking in the rear boot well mate....also the speaker pods would have bose on them and the rear of the stereo is connected up differenbtly IIRC

On the sticker that dislays the car weight?
So the mesh that covers the speakers will have bose on?

Rear speakers - you need an SOT lead, go into any halfords and tell them you have a half amplified BOSE system in your audi, and they will order one for you, takes 3 days, most halfords keep the lead in stock so make sure they look before they order.. costs 21.99.

shy.... what does this SOT lead do exactly.... the stereo only just pushes back in with the Parrot leads let alone adding another 4 connectors.... im competant with a soldering iron if you can describe what needs to be done..... from what i gather the amp will have a + and - going into the back of the Symphony HU...i somehow need to tie this in with the rear speaker connectors on the ISO plug of the Parrot loom (failing that run lengths of cable across to the rears) - also not convinced of the sound quality of the parrot, what do you think? (may be premature as it wont be a complete circuit until the backs are wired up)

ignore my last post, half amplified doesnt need an SOT lead.. im thinking of stereo fitting.. and getting it all mixed up lol.

What you need to is ..

The yellow lead coming out of the parrot loom, should have had a bullet attached, remove this bullet, and on the end crimp on a negative speaker terminal (as you would on speaker cable, the smaller out of the two) - crimp this on, on top of the standard h/u you should have a wiring diagram showing you which wire is the telemute lead, push the crimped speaker terminal into the ISO block where it says this wire is.

Also make sure you've plugged in the red block in the back of the h/u -that sends signal to the rear amp without this rear speakers will have no sound.

hope that makes sense.. sound quality is good with rear speakers on too.

Let me know how you get on.

cheers Shy, ive already done the yellow mute key (as bluetooth kit wont work without it connected)...... there are only two ISO's on the symphony unit with a weird plug at the top which i fear holds the amp feed..... im going to have to tap into that as the ISO's alone arent doing the job...this isnt as simple as i thought it would be booooo

Whats this crazy contraption dude?

Hows it going, did you sort the rear speakers yet?

why are you soldering phonos, this wont work just by soldering if you want to solder phonos on you need an inline converter, but you loose the rear speakers. Whats the current status? where are you based man.. i could just come have a look at it for you

na thats the only way i can see to make it possible mate, the parrot has ISO's which will only power the front, and it has another fitting option using 2 line outs... so the plan is to fix these line outs to this unit which will convert it to a CD changer signal so HU thinks its playing a CD when the musics on.... i can then set the parrot to 'not mute' the stereo when musics on which will allow me to utilise the HU amp which will be better quality sound...and therefore give me 4 speakers in the mix :)

so just need to convert these 2 line outs to phono plugs to make it work

otherwise if i manage to chop the rear speaker cables from the ~ISO and get it to work the rear speakers - it will run off the parrot amp which isnt the best and doesnt offer bass/treble or anything....only genres (pop,rock etc).... and nobody seems to know a way of doing it this way regardless, ive posted everywhere but nobodies answering

why are you soldering phonos, this wont work just by soldering if you want to solder phonos on you need an inline converter, but you loose the rear speakers. Whats the current status? where are you based man.. i could just come have a look at it for you

thats exactly what this is mate, a converter, it converts an aux signal to a CD changer signal which will solve my problems IF i can convert the line outs to phone so they plug into it:salute:

ok well you seem to have figure it out in another way from the way ive done it the past, so let me know how you get on.. there is a converter you can get from halfords, (there my local armour auto supplier lol).. think its less than a 10er, just go ask for the wire that converts speaker wire to phonos, you can crimp it, or as you seem to prefere, solder.

no worries cheers mate

incidently...how have you done it in the past? i had already done what you wrote above with the mute cable..... its the next bit that no-one can shed any light on?

you could come have a look mate but im 200 miles norf lol

i wish i could be more help mate, i got rid of the audi amp along time ago, its rubbish, i have all the speakers running off a different amp, so signal goes from the H/u to the amp, then if you wanna put a parrot in for example, you just plug the speaker ISO into the relevant parrot plug.

I'd defo recommend it, i have a V12 personally but there are plenty on the market, if you can be bothered, loose the audi amp all together. Sounds amazing now.

take some pix of what you've done so far, and maybe that will make more sense..

weird plug at the top which i fear holds the amp feed

what have you done with this plug?

is it possible to upgrade the amp whilst keeping the OEM HU? i really dont wana change that although i know the dramatic difference i would get if i did... just like the look of it more than i want the best sound

i can do tomoz but it literallly just plugging the parrot loom into the HU ISO's.... trouble is the symphony doesnt have any tabs for the rears where the ISO connects.... the rear amp feed comes from another plug that isnt utilised with the parrot loom (Denison plugs straight into it to work from the CD input)

is it possible to upgrade the amp whilst keeping the OEM HU? i really dont wana change that although i know the dramatic difference i would get if i did... just like the look of it more than i want the best sound

yeah you can, just use that phono converter from halfords, send the signal to the amp, then divert all the speaker cables to the amp too. Looks standard, and sounds great.

so you mean wire the fronts into the amp too and completely disconnect from the HU?

i can do tomoz but it literallly just plugging the parrot loom into the HU ISO's.... trouble is the symphony doesnt have any tabs for the rears where the ISO connects.... the rear amp feed comes from another plug that isnt utilised with the parrot loom (Denison plugs straight into it to work from the CD input)

so this lead that your going to buy from that website, allows you to plug in an input via the CD changer option (red "wierd" plug) that the dension uses... and this has a phono output? --> phono converter

Interesting... ill be interested to see if this works..

so you mean wire the fronts into the amp too and completely disconnect from the HU?

Thats what ive done.. sounds 80% clearer, louder and i can control what FQ goes to the speakers (trebles + Mids) and ive got another sub for the bass. Perfect control.

well i got the advice from the Parrot forum from a chap who's used the exact system on his A4 conv.... with same HU.... i know it will but interested if yours would be bettter.....

his system bypasses the parrot as the music player/amp...and utilises the HU amp as if playing a CD..... so you still control the ipod via the parrot but the parrot outsources the music signal.....

just so you get me, if you plugged speakers into the parrot iso and gave it power it would run those speakers on its own.....

Sounds full proof. My only critism would be that your loosing so much quality through all the converters, and extra cabling, not to mention the standard bose amp is just rubbish.. but let me know how it sounds when you get it all wired up... if your not happy with it you know what to do..

I went abit crazy with my sounds tho, (being a DJ) sound quality is imperitive.. got a nice subtle install in the boot too, no crazy fiberglass.. just a nice subtle neat lay out.. wil get some pix up eventually... good luck with it tim.