1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Ipod transmitter for rns-e?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JPD125, Aug 9, 2008.

1. JPD125

JPD125 Member

Hi Guys

I have been looking at getting a bluetooth transmitter for my ipod to use with my home a/v equipment.

This got me thinking that since your recieve audio from a mobile phone via BT on RNSE which then plays through the stereo, could you BT music into it as well from an Ipod with a BT transmitter??

Tried search but nothing really useful came up

Any ideas from the guru's out there

JD

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

The manufacturers have not really moved into the bluetooth transmission market because they don't believe it's good enough or reliable enough to transmit good quality audio without fault.

I asked about 3 years ago in a top audio shop if you could get stereo headphones that work via bluetooth. They said no it'll never happen. Now you can buy a Sony MP3 player that comes with BT headphones!

Serious music enthusiasts look down upon BT as a transmission means so don't expect the see a B&O BT player anytim soon!

4. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

I got a FM transmitter and the quality is ok-ish...Its to transmit the sound form the dvd screen throughhe stereo..

Bluetooth - not really seen them about but not too sure on the quality of them.

Why don't you just buy the wire and connect it up that way?