Bluetooth handsfree kit

smoothy

Reaction score
As subject, any opionions on whats a good aftermatket kit to go for. There's a load on the market, want to get one that can be totally hiden from view on my S3.

Any thoughts/comments welcome!

I'm looking at the Nokia CK7W kit at the minute for my 6230. Apparently the Parrot series are pretty good. I did see that the Tomtom Go 500 (I think?) is a GPS map with combined bluetooth for your mobile. Not too sure if its any good though.

I have the Nokia CK-7W in my A4 and also in my wifes Mini. She had the parrot ck3000 before that, I changed it for the nokia... No problems at all with the nokia or parrot kits, Nokia kit won't work with Sony ericsson phones but the parrot did... Hope it helps

I've got the CK-7W as well and its been excellent since installation. The button for making and ending calls is hidden away near the handle that adjusts the steering wheel and the the microphone is next to the map reading light.

I know a few people have had problems with Sony kits and would recommend the Nokia /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanls for your comments folks I guess its the Nokia CK-7W then.

Now for more questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Has anyone fitted one?

I notice it has a Audio out, I would much prefer for the sound to come through the stereo rather than that speaker that you mount in the dash. So is there a audio in I can use? I take it there must be a stereo mute line too?

I have Sony HCB-300 and its great - no problem at all - voice dialling and can use upto 5handsets on it also - sound quality is perfect and i have mine set on a red light as default so it matches well with my dash lights

Word of warning: Bluetooth is not the seemless/trasparent link it is supposed to be. I'm a long-time user of bluetooth gear - headsets, GPS receivers, PDAs, printers etc etc.
In the early days, it was only Nokia that tended to nobble they gear so it would only work with their own gear, but now a lot of the newer phones with updated B/T versions (1.2) are not as backward-compatible as they NEED to be:
HUH? well I was well impressed with my HCB-300 car kit when it was installed about 10 months ago, worked a treat with my T610 and moto V600. Replaced the moto with a SE K700, and after the first few weeks, bluetooth connection with the kit just dropped all the time. Now replaced the T610 with a T630 (works like a dream, NEVER any hassle), and replaced the K700 with a K750.
K750 is a fantastic phone, BUT, bluetooth is a big pile of steaming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif! it pairs with the car kit fine, connects to it sometimes, and when it does connect to it, you get the first 8~10 seconds of audio into the call, then the audi drops out - b/t connection still OK, and phoneline still active.

Sorry, i'm ranting aren't I !!

I'll get me coat.....

I meant to say that bluetooth ON THE K750i is pants, not b/t in general.
When it's done properly, it's the mutt's nut's....