1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth handsfree - A4 Cab with RNS-E

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by A3NDY L, Jan 29, 2009.

1. A3NDY L

A3NDY L On the Drive or On The Redline

Does anyone know any bluetooth handsfree kits out there that are compatable with the RNS-E and iphone? I like the look of some 'Parrot' systems, especially the MKi9100, that can stream music from another source aswell as connect to an iphone, but will they work properly? I can't find a compatability list anywhere... any suggestions of any other systems? I was going to install it myself, and don't want to spend much more than £100-£150.

Thanks in advance
  2. blackpool1974

blackpool1974 Member

3. s-line stu

s-line stu Member

Hi Andy,

I gather you are possibly after something more sophisticated that will work with the RNS-E but I have a cheap and fairly descrete bluetooth kit that clips onto the visor and works really well.

Have a look at http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/15581.htm?referer=FR_BLUETOOTH-PR-P-15581 as it is compatable with the iphone and basically anything else that has bluetooth. It has a phone battery in it that seems to last for ages between charges and the voice quality is really good. I thought at only £19 I'd risk it and have been really pleased with mine, especially as there's no fixing required so it can be just unclipped if you want to take it out of the car.

Stu
  4. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

I Integrated the Audi Bluetooth kit to the RNS-e .....I suppose it cost me around £200 when I got the bits (german e-bay has loads on www.ebay.de)

Bluetooth Module: (go for latest Q version or newer)
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-Bluetooth-I...14&_trkparms=72:1229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Cable loom approx 39 euros + postage
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Kabelsatz-Handyv...14&_trkparms=72:1229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Microphone
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-Mikrofon-fu...229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ebayphotohosting

and a bluetooth antenna

Its worth waiting a while to see what pops up....you are taking a bit of a risk buying from Gemany, but then very few Audi A4's in the UK seem to have had this kit fitted.

The integration of the bluetooth to the RNS-e bluetooth is really good ! Great sound quality.

You will also need to get the Bluetooth module VAGCOM'd....

There is loads of information in the following

http://audiforum.us/multimedia/

Hope this helps......best bet is to bide your time on teh German e-bay.....biggest problem is that the Germans dont like Paypal...so you have to do a direct bank transfer....oh yeah ..the Euro/£ exchange rate is rubbish right now !

If you want a quick & easy install go for the Parrot kit...but I really like the integrated Audi system....as its very neat and user friendly !

Heres all the Part Numbers: Note if they are NOT these part numbers IGNORE the part !

PHONE INTERFACE BOX
    8P0 862 335 M MY 2007 (Europe)
    8P0 862 335 H MY 2007.5 (Europe)
    8P0 862 335 Q MY 2008 (Europe, sw 0350)
    8P0 862 335 N MY 2009 (Europe)
    8P0 862 335 S MY 2009.5 (Europe)

8L1 862 373A - Microphone
    8P0 035 503E - Bluetooth Antenna
  5. A3NDY L

I've had a look at these clip ones, but im looking for a more integrated system.
    With the Parrot ck3200, where did you put the little screen? and also, are you not worried about someone thinking its special and trying to steal it?
    Can it play music through the ipod, it doesn't say anything about that on the net, so i guess not.
  6. no_idea

no_idea Member

I would defo go for OEM bluetooth, fitted it to my car a couple of weeks ago and it is excellent. I bought the module (N), mic and antenna from Audi about £260 all together. I got the cable from Kafutec about £40. It may not be the cheapest but it integrates with the RNS-E as you would expect and nothing is on show.
  7. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

If you have RNS-E then it's got to be OEM, it's a no brainer.
  8. A3NDY L

I know, I'd love the OEM bluetooth, but over £300 is steep considering I don't use my car that much, and only do long journeys once every couple of weeks. Plus I can't see me getting the money back when I come to sell the car, whereas I can take the other system out and put it into the next...
    Going to have to have a long think about this one, as I am also looking for the 2008 RNS-E Nav disc, which is looking like its going to cost me £100 aswell!
  9. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

what about something like this: In-Tech Bluetooth just plugs into cigarette lighter with a mic with extension lead. don't know what the quality will be like but its only £20 and you could take it back if its **** :)
  10. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member