1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth connectivity?

schmergal Oct 5, 2012

1. schmergal

schmergal Member

Hello again, how do I link my iPhone to my cars Bluetooth handsfree? I'm picking up handsfree on my Bluetooth but it won't pair??

Cheers

2. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

I hate to say this as a guy but read the manual... If I remember for me I had the pairing mode up on the phone and on the MMI at the same time and then the MMI will give a code and from that you accept and presto! Done.

That may not help completely but like I say, the manual has it step by step.

3. schmergal

schmergal Member

Couldn't find it in the manual, must look again

4. schmergal

schmergal Member

MMI?

5. toastyhamster

toastyhamster Member

If I do it per the manual it doesn't work with my blackberry, it's been a while but I think I have to have the phone in the opposite mode of what the manual says (searching or listening, I can't remember). Didn't take more than a few minutes though. I do need ot read the manual to find out how to train the voice commands as I hardly ever use them.

6. Jetset

Jetset Member

Sometimes when you pair a phone it says it hasn't connected but actually it has. Is there more than 1 device that your phone pics up whilst searching?

7. Zafi

Zafi Well-Known Member

Thats the biggest challenge as there are so many bluetooth items about now.

8. MIMechE

MIMechE New Member

When i picked mine up the other day, it wouldnt pair with my phone or the sales guys. He just went into the mmi and reset the phone/bluetooth and it picked up the phones right away.

9. schmergal

schmergal Member

What's the MMI?

10. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

The MMI is the multi media interface. Basically your system with the screen. I don't know if it was standard on the pre-facelifts as that's all I've seen the inside of but I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to let you know. I would assume so though.

11. schmergal

schmergal Member

Don't have a system with the screen, just the small settings menu on the dash

12. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group TDi

All Audi A4 B8 models (produced 2008-current day) have the screen in the dash. If it doesn't, then you don't have a B8 model.What year is your A4?

13. schmergal

schmergal Member

14. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group TDi

ah right. You need to post in the B7 section and someone there should be able to help you. Here's a link:

Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)

15. schmergal

schmergal Member

mmmmm that would help wouldn't it..... DOH!!