Bluefin; Too good to be true?

No about rite, it'll cost u a few hundred me thinks to have it reprogrammed tho.

I had a bluefin on my 170 TDI 57 plate and it made the car drive awful around town, it did make a noticeable difference to the power, you could really feel it, but the brunt of my driving was urban and I couldn't stand it. It wasn't practical for me to go all the way from York to London for them to have a look and a tweak so just got my money back under their guarantee.

I had a bluefin on my 170 TDI 57 plate and it made the car drive awful around town, it did make a noticeable difference to the power, you could really feel it, but the brunt of my driving was urban and I couldn't stand it. It wasn't practical for me to go all the way from York to London for them to have a look and a tweak so just got my money back under their guarantee.

I wonder if the map they put on wasn't quite right? Would other remapping companies etc have a "better" map or are these maps pretty much the same from company to company.

To be fair they were good about it and did offer for me to go down to HQ and get it looked at like I say I couldn't just pop down it was hundreds of miles, they did say they had looked at the map and it looked "very successful". I was glad of their money back promise.

Just spoke to them [Superchips], well the Bristol dealer. And they reckon if the hardware of the handset is upto date getting it reprogrammed would be around the £225/£250 mark. Plus the cost of the handset as well. They've got a deal on apparently coming up next week where the units will be down to £360 so its debatable whether the £60 ish less than buying brand new is debatable.