Bluefin Ordered

MattS

Reaction score
After an awful lot of deliberation of what mapping options to get for my A3 2.0TFSi, I decided on the Superchips Bluefin.

The reasons.... AmD and REVO were considered, AmD I class as one of the best but it is not switchable, which left REVO and Bluefin. Although the REVO is switchable and produces a little more (260bhp ish), both maps are still in the ECU which slightly put me off and the Bluefin as we know enables the original map to be put back in.

Our old Zafira was running 275bhp and was pretty aggressive and was quicker than the A3 by far, but I don't want to go down the whole turbo/intercooler upgrade route etc.

I just want the A3 to have that little bit more of a punch and I think 240bhp should make a very nice and pretty quick car to drive. The other half also liked the idea that from Monday to Friday (When I never drive the car) the car can be driven in totally standard form.

Anyone have any comments on Bluefin?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32816

You might want to read the posts above. Im still not convinced that it will be completely undetectable surely the ecu will log the changes every time they are done. Im going with AMD even driving 500 miles each way to have it done as long as the remap is not the cause of any warrenty issue then Audi cant say anything

I have had alot of experience on mapping on the Vauxhall scene and the management systems are very similar to VAG.

Re-maps can only be seen by diagnostic tools if the technician delves deeply into the programming to check boost pressures changes etc, I very much doubt that many technicians would know, or have reason to delve this deeply.

The bluefin system when running standard is 100% undetectable, mainly because there is nothing to detect, you are installing the standard programme back into the ECU. Not a Superchip version of the standard map, but the actual Audi map. Revo's 'standard' setting is actually a REVO version of the standard map.

AmD in my opinion are probably the best for Audi Re-maps at this time, but once installed, your stuck with it. Not a bad thing for sure if you can accept what goes with that.

Your absolutly right about warranty issues though, as long as any failure is not down to the map then Audi can't refuse the repair bill.

If one click was available from AmD for the 2.0 T FSI then I would have it. Bluefin to me is a compromise of what is available compared to my requirements.

My main reason for the switchability is my wife prefers to drive the car standard.

I have read the thread you have a link to, the diverter valves of a certian time period are an issue even without a re-map.

A good friend of mine has a 2.0TFSi Quattro with an AmD re-map and it is awesome, but he has had diverter valve problems as well, all sorted now though and he continues to be a happy bunny!!!

I think to be honest the likes of Revo, AmD and Superchips all offer very good products and you will always have issues with different re-maps from time to time.

i a bluefin'd up

love it to bits, soooooooo much more power and torque, really has transformed an awesome to a simply sensational engine!

i still got problems with high engine speed @ WOT misfire problems, superchips will investigate when i go for the RR day next mth.

When and where's the rolling road day? I might try to get over to say Hi to everyone.

I think Robin's going on the Sat 3rd. Im going down Fri and Sat, staying in the Travelodge Buckingham, £26 a room cant be bad.:beerchug:

Any more details on this day, is anyone else going? I might pop down to say hi if a few off here are going.