blue smoke

madluke

In pursuit of audiness:)
Reaction score
Hi guys. i got a little concern. when i drive - after change gear - (2,3,4) and put press accelerator got blue smoke coming out of exhaust. i can see it in rear window. when i stop and just rev it - i got black and sometimes a bit blue smoke coming out. what is the problem?

mostly likely engine oil is burning/mixing with fuel in engine, get it checked out asap or it'l be expensive

Sounds like the notorious porous head problem, only affects early TDi's So yes get it checked before it costs a fortune.

navnay
Thats some spec you have there ! any Torque figures ??

Luke..as a rule of thumb, black smoke is fuel, blue is oil, white is steam ! Blowing smoke on acceleration is not good mate. check it out quick.

navnay
Thats some spec you have there ! any Torque figures ??

:D no torque figures but its running 1.8bar very strong to red line, not had chance to dyno it yet. I might be planning a few extra mods will post ideas soon as i have info. I know it will give your V6 a good run for its money :p

Last edited:
I'm slowly coming round to the diesel torque thing...borrowed a 3ltr A4 tdi the other week and i realise bhp is great but torque is better :)

If you like torque you just have to try a 335D, it's amazing and even manages to sound good.

yeahhh ive driven both 535d and 335d after remap and with full throttle i couldnt move my head out of the headrest. simply amazing