Blowoff Valve

tweaked9107

Reaction score
This may sound stupid to some but I wants what I wants :D

I'm getting my 2.0TFSI Quattro re-mapped to increase it up to the 250bhp+ mark, but there is one thing I really want to add to the car. It's not so much a performance upgrade as I just love the sound of a loud blow off valve. Would it be worth/is it possible to just stick a loud blow off valve in, or would it not produce the sound I'm after without some other form of upgrade?

If it is possible, any recommendations on which one to get?

Thanks,

Stefan.

Forge Motorsport now do a diverter valve that vents to atmosphere that apparently has no issue.

when I recently bought mine for a remap I went for a recirc valve without the sound, personally preference really but I'm not driving an RS turbo anymore and the stealth performance suits the Audi better IMO

I had a Forge BOV and cold air induction fliter doofer fitted to my old Saab 93 Aero....sounded like a demented Hoover!....The kids loved it though

Cheers
A

you need a forge spacer
it fits on the oem DV and makes the noise you want
Forge Motorsport VW Golf Mk5 2.0 Petrol Turbo Blow Off Dump Valve Adaptor Spacer | eBay

If you're remapping the car - to increase boost pressure - the OEM DV (even a late revised one), could easily fail.

You could therefore change the valve to a metal Forge one with built in blow off.

Blow off type - Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

However, Forge will deny the blow off version causes any driveability issues. Whereas, Awesome GTI, MRC Tuning, Revo Technik and other tuners will tell you that allowing MAF (measured air) to be blown off causes over-richness and rough running - not recommended. Only if you change your turbo setup to MAF-less will a blow off valve safely work with the TFSI.

Recirc type - Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

That's what I've been told by these tuners before I had fitted my recirculating FMFSITVR version anyway. If you fit a blow off version and it works fine, let us all know!! :meeting:

they havent caused me any probs on 4 cars
2 with the above and 2 with spacers