1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blowing fuse 14 (Interior lights + Central locking) Ideas?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Markb, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Markb

Markb Active Member

Any ideas to why my car keeps on blowing fuse 14, which is the Interior lights + Central locking? As soon as I put a new 10AMP fuse in, it blows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Although my Clifford alarm is still locking the doors fine. So I don't think it's the central locking as such, but then again I've got no door locks if that will make any difference?

Any ideas to how I can solve / test it will be great.

Mark.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Markb

Markb Active Member

Up we go.

4. Markb

Markb Active Member

TTT

Annoying me now, even though it is not effecting anything with the central locking it means that I've got no interior lights.

Anyone got VAG Com in the Midlands? Or got any suggestions?

5. HTC

HTC Active Member

Sounds like you have a wire going to ground.

Get a test light or multimeter on the fuse contatcs. One should be +12v and the other should be nothing. If the other or both are showing an earth, then you need to trace the wire. It may have been damaged and touching bodywork.
    Either that or its back feeding via the after market alarm connections. You may need to fit some 12v diode to isolate the clifford alarm.

6. Markb

Markb Active Member

That's what I was thinking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Going to be a pain to find though.

Will the VAG Com not show up a fault code for it? Maybe eliminate some things?

7. HTC

HTC Active Member

It wouldn't hurt to give it a go, but if the control module is disconnected, thats all it will tell you or it won't be able to communicate.