Blooming remote locking

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Ever get the feeling that you'll never have everything working on your car at any one time...

Just sorted the brakes and now the bloomin remote locking won't work.
I unlocked the car with the remote, drove somewhere, get out of car ... doesn't unlock or lock.
Have changed the batteries, no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? I only have 1 key, which is flip key, so don't know how to recode it.
Where is the receiver located? is it in the boot or under the rear seat?

Aj,

Its possibly your battery on the remote that went.

Same thing happened to me last month. Bought new batteries and still didn't work and ended up setting the alarm off.

Anyway I locked the car then unlocked it with the key. By the time I had driven home (about 5 minutes) everything was hunky dory and the remote is still working.

I wondered at the time if there was some sort of reset when you changed the batteries and by locking and unlocking the car this had sorted it.

Not really any the wiser but I have had no more problems with it since.

How do you open the key to change the batteries? Mine seem to be very weak at the moment.

That may be it then macca666, who knows how audis work!! They're certainly complex!!

On the back of the fob there is an insert. Put a small flatbladed screwdriver in and lift up to open. the key seperates from the remote. simply pull the remote apart.

The boot release on mine doesn't work-any ideas?! Dunno if anyone else has this as well but mine will unlock from a fair distance away, but i have to be fairly close to lock it! strange!

deano16v - i think it's all vacuum hosed. remove the cover from the boot and see that the hoses are connected properly. Don't know why it would operate at different distances, no logical explanation other than your remote!

Seems like everyone's Audi has got a common bug! It totally confused me as just couldn't work out why! If I had been messing with the electrics then it would make sense, but just driving somewhere... i don't know bloomn vor sprung deutsche teknic!

Lol Derek!!!! Wonder how much audi would have charged for a furry dice as an option!!!
I reckon about £15+vat or £15+vat and half an hours labour for fitting!

I was at the parts desk getting some stuff and I overheard the service desk quoting £24+vat to change an indicator bulb! ECKING HELL!!!

I wanted a rubber gaitor / cover for the front caliper guide pins ... £7+vat for a tiny amount of rubber! Why???!

[ QUOTE ]
The boot release on mine doesn't work-any ideas?! Dunno if anyone else has this as well but mine will unlock from a fair distance away, but i have to be fairly close to lock it! strange!

[/ QUOTE ]

has the boot release ever worked?, pardon me for stating the obvious you have to hold down the boot release remote for bout 2 sec then boot releases. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

lol, you're fine for stating the obvious mate. Bloke i bought it off said it had never worked. To be honest i doubt i'd ever use it anyway so not so fussed.

depends whether you are stating the obvious. not sure about everyone elses, but my A4 only has a 2 button remote. Might be different elsehwere?

yeah, mine was registered in december 99 but is a facelift (one piece lights) model.

Do you know How to program your remotes again if you dont i do. I had a similar problem too. and crazy as this might sound remotes for keyless entry the farther you are the more damage you are doing to the remotes.

i don't know how to program them sorry.
can't see how it is doing damage to a remote being further away, other than pressing the button harder!! I'm pretty sure it transmits a fixed amount of power and the aerial / coil will be tuned to the frequency it is transmitting on.