1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody Roads...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by god_thats_quick, Oct 27, 2005.

1. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Hi All,

Just want to have a quick moan and say a big thanks.

I was at Bracknell Tyre and Battery this morning to get some new rear tyres of the Eagle F1 variety, I also asked them to check the balance of the front wheels.

it would appear one of the things that's been making the front of my car feel wierd is the bloody great dent on the inside of my wheel where I hit a pothole a few weeks ago! it's not too bad, but for now they've balanced the wheel out, so I'll be one the lookout for 1 or 2 alloys for an S3 if anyone has spares kicking about.

The big thanks bit, the guys in there are always as helpful as possible and it was even cheaper than last time, even though I paid extra to have the front's re balanced! £177 for two new tyres was bloody good I thought!
  2. madvw

madvw Active Member

177 is damn good.

on the look out too for another s3 rim too, due to the same reason, even in the same place.

i was baadly tempted though by a set of oettinger splits at castle coombe at the weekend though...

think i'll use the knackered rim as an excuse for a new set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

yeah they are cheap and a good price the only trouble is waiting around for 2 hours as I found out once.
  4. god_thats_quick

don't mind about the long wait, I got to have a good look under the car whilst it was up on the ramp and I think they're the most helpful bunch I've ever come across!

yep about the wheel don't feel like paying vagparts £225 for one when I could spend £1100 on some nice sportec ones... that said I'll be keeping these for a while as I have 4 new or relatively new tyres!
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Can't you use the spare? or don't you get a proper alloy spare on S3's
  6. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

we only get a toy wheel in the S3`s
  7. marctwo

marctwo Member

You get a nice space saver one instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  8. madvw

madvw Active Member

nope, smaller boot and space-saver because of the quattro.
  9. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    don't mind about the long wait, I got to have a good look under the car whilst it was up on the ramp and I think they're the most helpful bunch I've ever come across!

yep about the wheel don't feel like paying vagparts £225 for one when I could spend £1100 on some nice sportec ones... that said I'll be keeping these for a while as I have 4 new or relatively new tyres!

[/ QUOTE ]

Those the ones from AMD the 10 spoke ones in anthracite? Do you know anywhere else that are cheaper?
  10. god_thats_quick

not sure, when / if I get around to getting new wheels I'll be going for either the MTM or sportec ones I think you can get cheaper copies but think I'll go for the real ones if at all.

Think I'll keep an eye out on ebay I've seen single s3 wheels come up every now and again.
  11. robthehungrymonkey

robthehungrymonkey Member

I've got a set of S3 wheels that I want to sell. Do you guys want to buy them between you?
    I'm not too keen on selling them individually, as I'll then be left with 1/2 which I won't be able to get rid of!
  12. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

Think I'll keep an eye out on ebay I've seen single s3 wheels come up every now and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed one on ebay last week, that went for around £15 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  13. god_thats_quick

well thanks for that JoJo... much appritiated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif