1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bloody low oil level light

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by millwrx, Sep 17, 2010.

1. millwrx

millwrx Member

[Sep 17, 2010]
    it keeps poping up from time to time on my 51 plate 2l petrol avant,i have replaced the sensor in the sump,stripped the wiring back as far as i can to check for continuitey and for brokern wires and it still pops up from time to time,if i move the wiring to it with the engine running it gos off,did used to go off if i pulled the dipstick out and then back in with the engine running,anybody else had this?????
  2. murran

murran Active Member

[Sep 18, 2010]
    oh their bloody **** things when they go wrong......... its usually the dash pod at fault.

stupid vag they think the dumb driver needs a sensor to tell them theres low oil or washer fluid......... they dont realise theres also a bonnet pull and a dipstick. when the low oil light comes on for the first time EVER is a fault with the system not the oil level.

i hate modren cars.......... can you tell???
  3. millwrx

millwrx Member

[Sep 18, 2010]
    lol.yer i know,just really bugs me when it comes on.
  4. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

[Sep 18, 2010]
    Is it dis telling you that the oil level is low or is it the big red light of doom and gloom?
  5. millwrx

millwrx Member

[Sep 19, 2010]
    its the low oil light