****** bushes.

sat1983

Reaction score
Hit some bushes yesterday and its left hairline scratches on one side of the car :crying:
I'm wanting to use scratch X to remove them. Someone on the uk mkiv forum said it would invalidate the anti corrosion warranty as scratch x is like T cut, quite abrasive, that true??

If it's only hairline try Autoglym Super Resin Polish first.

Just bought scratch X last night though. Any particular reason on why I should use autoglym first?

Use AG paint renovator first and then super resin polish.

I had the same type scratches from bushes after some tw*t in a pre- war merc nearly took me out on a country lane and i swerved to avoid him. A guy at work used those products and now the paint is show room quality again.

:icon_thumright:

Start gentle sat. Not sure what the AG Paint Renovator is but certainly try the SRP first.

I've got some if you need a lend :)

The last car I had was black metalic, whilst using one of those blade car drying things I put a massive scratch down the bonnet. all scratch x done was make the surrounding area dull and cloudy, if anything it made the scratch a million times worse.

My advice........ stay well away with that stuff:no:

Someone scratched my petrol filler cap at the weekend.

Spent 5 mins on it with ScratchX, then AG SRP and a quick going over with Megs Gold Class and it looks fine now.

As Rich said though start gentle with some SRP and always build up again and finish with something very gentle like Megs GC to put the shine and protection back on - ScratchX will remove all existing polish\wax. I'd only use ScratchX as a spot treatment on a particular defect. You need to put it on and rub right away, don't put it on and leave it as it then becomes very hard to remove.