[Blog] Dan-Jnr - 2002 Audi S3 8l (225) Negaro Blue

Dan-Jnr

Reaction score
Time to start a blog already. Won't be much changing but as and when parts fail or require replacing I'll be letting everyone know on here.

Firstly how the car looks now.

audi_s3_front.jpg

audi_s3_side.jpg

Since having the Audi I noticed that the engine moves a lot during gear change and slow speeds.
Did some research on line and discovered that the red Powerflex dog bone mount for the deisel engines stops engine movement without the excessive vibrations you get from the yellow Powerflex mount.
The difference the mount has made is noticable and has greatly reduced the engine rocking. Took less than an hour to complete this upgrade.

P1000386.JPG

P1000385.JPG

P1000388.JPG

P1000389.JPG

P1000390.JPG

P1000391.JPG

Whilst I was under the car I had a look round the engine area, noticed this on the O/S driveshaft.
New CV outer boot from Audi is £35 so will get on ordered and replaced.

P1000392.JPG

Booked in to Audi Trafford on Monday 27th June for the recall on ignition coils.

I am really enjojying the power/boost at the moment so no plans for engine tuning yet.
When I get a free weekend I am going to give the engine bay a good clean over and under, and sort the wheel arches.

I am also looking for a hands free solution that will charge my Blackberry, and allow me to play music from my phone through the Audi Concert unit.

This is how it starts mate then before you know it you'll be buying a bigger turbo ;)

its like a lil bug that sits in your car when you get in it, it shouts feed me more power lol.

wallet will be taking a good hammering before edition.

by any chance were you at awesome yesterday dan?

by any chance were you at awesome yesterday dan?

yes I was, picked up the Powerflex bush, and enquired about replacing my CV boot. I am guessing your (yellow with black mirrors) car was parked next to mine. Your paintwork looked in top condition, nice shine to it in the sun.

yeh that would be mine i do like your s3 the paint work is a respray in liquid yellow same as the megane plus just cleaned it the day before lol.

you get the cv boot sorted.

so any future plans for the car?

Thanks, I thought it was liquid yellow, only seen that colour on a Clio 197 F1 Edition. Probably the best yellow after Peugeots sundance yellow.

Got a price for the genuine Audi part, but going on two holidays in July so will have to wait until I get back.

Future plans, none so far, maybe a Stage 1 map, but to be honest I am only just getting used to boost power, compared to n/a power.

No idea what you are on about lol....

<tuffty/>

come on westy tuffty only has a standard k04 with a big gt30 sticker on it lol.
at time i h8 your thread tuffty it makes me want a gt30 but it is a awesome car

what car did you have before dan i would agree on the sundance yellow awesome colour wish my old 106 gti was that colour but got next best cherry red hehe.

I had a Cherry Red 106 GTI with a 200BHP ITB Sandy Brown engine, and a Black 106 Rallye with original 1.3 8v engine (both pictured here)
I did have a silver GTI before I had the other two Peugeots, but I had a fight with some armco at Outlon Park last year.

loving the 106 gti i was looking at the sandy brown conversion then decided to buy the audi.
lol fighting with the armco at oulton park which corner?

The one after Druids, as it runs up to the finish straight, 2 wheels on damp grass, 2 on dry tarmac, lift off oversteer, backwards in to armco.
Done that corner over 100 times pushed myself a little too hard.
Managed to drive in to pit lane with 3 wheels, and 1 hanging on by the handbrake cable.

rear-damage.jpg

owch its not to bad other than the wheel off considering hitting the armco also that corner can get some good speed around so guess you where pushing it some

Maybe not a definitely :p
Mistake a I made with my other cars was not appreciating the power and just going all out.

I had a Cherry Red 106 GTI with a 200BHP ITB Sandy Brown engine, and a Black 106 Rallye with original 1.3 8v engine (both pictured here)
I did have a silver GTI before I had the other two Peugeots, but I had a fight with some armco at Outlon Park last year.

Small world, I've been mates with Sandy since he was building his own 205 Rallye (I had a similar one, only 8v) years back. Top bloke and certainly knows his stuff.

Dan is your car remapped? If so then the g/s figure of 188.67 looks a bit on the lowside, remapped cars should flow arond 200 g/s, may just be a boost leak but worth investigating.

Nige

Dan is your car remapped? If so then the g/s figure of 188.67 looks a bit on the lowside, remapped cars should flow arond 200 g/s, may just be a boost leak but worth investigating.

Nige

It's not mapped. Completely standard car.

Reactions: sportquattro
Sweet, so that dog mount just pops out? Had a sneeky look at mine when i seen my gearbox leaking, was having a thought about changing that! How much was the powerflex red bush? and what was the part number? Btw, love love loveee that your s3's colour!

Last edited:
Just collected my car from Awesome GTI and paid a bill for £309

Front wishbone lower bushes OE replacement
4 wheel alignment
Haldex oil and filter service
Replace ball joint bolt
New pair of Bosch wipers

Excellent and very helpful service from Awesome.

The car is off to Audi tomorrow for a Full Service and MOT, and some work they owe me for scratching my bonnet during the coilpack recall.

Thanks Dan! Glad you are happy with our service! :)

Feel free to give us a buzz if there are any other jobs you want doing at any point!

Regards, Al.

Dropped the S3 off at Audi Manchester today for the following:

Full Service
MOT

Get a call this afternoon, passed MOT, one advisory regarding a stone chip in my windscreen. Not bad for a 9 year old car.

Last edited:
To do list (most parts sourced):

Battery cover frame and twist bolts
Black leather armrest
OEM Audi TT pedals
Billet A3 8P Limited Edition gear knob
Alu wing mirrors
Cruise control
Single to double DIN conversion
RNS-E retro fit

The OE TT pedals turned up today. Only a 10 min job to change them over. Makes a lot a difference.

Before:
audi_black_pedals.jpg

After:

audi_silver_pedals.jpg

New addition to the S3 last weekend.
My friend bought a set of mirror housings in brushed aluminium for his A3 S-Line from eBay, and I thought they looked good.
After having a nightmare with my pair of mirror housings made from ABS and painted in matt Aluminium from an eBay stockist in Germany, they arrived cracked, and still waiting for my refund. I found a set of OE solid aluminium mirrors on eBay for a bargain £103. They are £350 each from Audi.
Didn't take long to fit and make much of a difference. Just hope they don't get nicked for scrap metal.
Almost got all parts for the arm rest upgrade, RNS-E retrofit, and cruise control upgrade.

audi_alu_mirrors.jpg

Nice thread. Would be very interested in the arm rest upgrade. I have one more part to get before I can do mine. I just can't see how I will bolt it in place because I can't seem to remove the plastic surround that sits between the centre console and the rest.