Blinkers issue

Reaction score
So this afternoon I left my s3 parked in the rain for a couple of hours, when I came back it had the blinkers permanently on and it had unlocked itself. Now the blinkers simply won't turn off and it won't lock, had to disconnect the battery. Any guess for what it might be? My best guess is that water got in touch with some wire and is causing this.

First guess would be blocked plenum drains which has flooded your electrics somewhere. Quite a common issue ands something vag still hasnt fixed as my old b5 passat 2002 had the same problem. As mentioned above check for wet carpets

Reactions: Vasco_Canas
You may not notice it its not always obvious, I only noticed when I picked sonething up off the passenger footwell and felt the wet. When I pulled the carpet up the foam was soaked and I had a nice puddle around the electrical box of goodies. It gave me all sorts of strange symptoms. central locking would stop working on one door which would change randomly.

This may not be your issue but have read a lot of threads about this issue over the years.

You may not notice it its not always obvious, I only noticed when I picked sonething up off the passenger footwell and felt the wet. When I pulled the carpet up the foam was soaked and I had a nice puddle around the electrical box of goodies. It gave me all sorts of strange symptoms. central locking would stop working on one door which would change randomly.

This may not be your issue but have read a lot of threads about this issue over the years.
Yes, I haven´t found anything yet, but the symptoms I've been getting are similar. last time I connected the battery the horn wouldn't shut up, central locking wouldn't work at all and the key fob didn't do anything as well, I really don't know

Check out the wiring and relays etc. under the steering wheel, see if there's any corrosion there which is a sign of water ingress...

Also, check behind the left and right panels in the boot, central locking is located back there. Does your rear washer work? If not, there's a good chance it's spraying washer fluid around near the central locking module...

Check out the wiring and relays etc. under the steering wheel, see if there's any corrosion there which is a sign of water ingress...

Also, check behind the left and right panels in the boot, central locking is located back there. Does your rear washer work? If not, there's a good chance it's spraying washer fluid around near the central locking module...
thanks for the help, its exactly that, I found it yesterday, but I haven´t found where the water got in, and my washers work fine, but it might still have a leak somewhere. Once again, thanks :D