bleeping noise under bonnet s3

honda ctr

Reaction score
Just noticed this when I turn the car off I get a bleeping noise from engine. Like when a computer is processing you can hear it but this sounds like bleeps. Is this normal?

OMG, this is so spooky but for the first time I heard it tonight as well. Sounded a bit like morse code to me.

I wondered if my car was a Transformer and it was trying to talk to me lol

Reactions: RedTurtle and alijnclarke
I've noticed it too, I assumed all the noises I was hearing were due to some cool down function after a drive. But my car could truely be an autobot and as soon as it phones home, it'll wander off!

Reactions: Fox5150 and The Challinor
I call my car Megatron....Initially went for Optimus Prime but needed Sepang to be able to pull that off... haha

anyhoo I get it too. It comes from the area behind the oil filler cap or there abouts.. not sure what it is though. I thought my car was going to explode when I 1st heard it. haha

Its the car transmitting data via the internet back to Audi on how you've been driving it.......................................

Reactions: elpaulio and The Challinor
I call my car Megatron....Initially went for Optimus Prime but needed Sepang to be able to pull that off... haha

anyhoo I get it too. It comes from the area behind the oil filler cap or there abouts.. not sure what it is though. I thought my car was going to explode when I 1st heard it. haha

Mines more Marvel

Yeah we noticed....just a 1 trick pony tho..:p

Reactions: The Challinor
having consulted the magical being that is Google it could be "throttle bodies / cooling system running self check on shut down".. "Totally normal"...?

Where's V8 when you need him.. lol

You didn't ask before now .....

Anyway. I didn't want to be in the same thread as people who give their cars names ;)

Reactions: Cymru09, The Challinor and AndyB-S3
You guys making a joke off it. I thought it was something more serious.

Right I won't give my car a name but this is acceptable eh... :jester::D:p
Decipticon S3

Reactions: veeeight
I wonder... do you all have tech pack?

Nope and mine does this too.
While not a concern but as the question has been raised it'll be very good to know what the answer is.
I've assumed it's just some function that's cooling the turbo.

Only reason i ask about the tech pack is because on mine i can hear what sounds like a hard drive spinning when the engine is turned off. It's the sound that people seem to think is a computer 'processing'

Only reason i ask about the tech pack is because on mine i can hear what sounds like a hard drive spinning when the engine is turned off. It's the sound that people seem to think is a computer 'processing'

This is more morse code then a HDD spinning.

I though you were making a joke about it uploading your driving to Audi

Just noticed this when I turn the car off I get a bleeping noise from engine. Like when a computer is processing you can hear it but this sounds like bleeps. Is this normal?
:eek: Be careful! Might be a ...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: The Challinor
I was scrolling through waiting for veight to give a techy answer... :(

I heard this since day one; always assumed its the car unloading and settling in as he sleeps, like when you open the door for the haldex system to kick in (I think thats right- veight?)

Yes, Gen 4 Haldex pump used to prime as soon as the door,was opened. Now there is no longer an accumulator, I'm not sure of Gen 5 pump pre-primes when you open the door. Haven't looked yet to be honest.

Re beeping - combination of things, N80, N112, N249 (or equivalent) all doing a release & full end stop travel calibration.

Reactions: A3_Rider and Bristle Hound
Yes, Gen 4 Haldex pump used to prime as soon as the door,was opened. Now there is no longer an accumulator, I'm not sure of Gen 5 pump pre-primes when you open the door. Haven't looked yet to be honest.

Re beeping - combination of things, N80, N112, N249 (or equivalent) all doing a release & full end stop travel calibration.
I always knew you would have the answer :thumbs up:

My 'old' A4 used to make similar noises when opening the door when the engine was switched off

I had the car unlocked with the doors closed earlier whilst checking tyre pressures (and freeing stuck cheap-eBay dustcaps) and the car was making all sorts of little clicks and whirs by itself...

I thought it was the epb doing some sort of self testing.

Thought I read that a while back.

Eh

It's not just S3s that do it - mine does it too.

Sounds like a countdown timer and then a stepper motor actuation. Runs over 2-3 cycles.

Reactions: veeeight