bleep when turning key

steveaudia3

Reaction score
now and again I get a bleep when I turn the key but can't see a fault even when I press the left button near the clocks , is this normal ?

What kind of bleep, is this a single or multiple, loud or quiet, do you have rns-e & bose, any retrofits, more info needed.

single loud bleep , Bose with kenwood head unit but did this before the head unit was fitted , doesn't do it all the time

What is the temperature gauge read, i mean the external temp BTW, the only time i get a beep when i start the car is when either it's less then 4'C or low on fuel.

I know it's not less than 4'c but the sensor maybe faulty? Just a thought...

Try putting the key in, turn it so the electrics on, wait 5 seconds then turn it on.

When I turn mine straight away it beeps and has a warning about ESP failure but doesnt light up after that, VCDS showed no faults either, I think its the boot light causing my car to behave weird (its missing)

I bet it's ESP fault. used to do it all the time on my 170TDI (58)

Just a bit of character that's all. :)

mine bleeps to tell me my passanger airbag is on

maybe its that, will try turning it off to see if it does it again

How old is your car? Mine does this when it's been sat and not used for a few days. It the battery down on charge.... After a drive and everything is topped up it doesn't do it.

How old is your car? Mine does this when it's been sat and not used for a few days. It the battery down on charge.... After a drive and everything is topped up it doesn't do it.
56 plate , I do only use it at weekends and every now and again the odd night through the week. That could be the bleep reason but no battery warning light.

56 plate , I do only use it at weekends and every now and again the odd night through the week. That could be the bleep reason but no battery warning light.

You won't get a battery warning light. If the battery is low and you crank the engine the ESP thinks there's a fault and it's the warning that briefly displays. It's so quick you can't read it on the DIS screen. You use the car similar to me and they are around the same age.

Its nothing to worry about but at some point the battery will need replacing due to its age.

alarm battery, check it and catch it before it leaks all over the place