1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleeding braking system on 1998 A6

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by evomaster3000, Aug 27, 2006.

1. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

[Aug 27, 2006]
    I'm replacing the brake servo on my 1998 a6 tdi and i've had to remove the master cylinder, reservior and the piping to the ABS unit, what i need to know is if there is any way i can bleed just this part of the system when i put it back together rather than the whole lot all the way to each caliper.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. maxlbrown

maxlbrown Deep Blue

[Sep 3, 2006]
    As you have opened the start of the system you should bleed through the whole system which should require VAG com in order to put the ABS module into bleed mode which pumps fluid past the pump. then its just normal bleeding. You dont want to airlock the abs system as this will cause havock with the pump and stopping ability. If you find away round this then please post.

On the plus side this means you will have replaced your brake fluid from start to finish

Good luck
    Max
    I know its not much use though
  4. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

[Sep 6, 2006]
    Yeah, it's been sent to a local garage to have the system bled on one of those machines, too much air in the system to be bled using the master cylinder.