1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleeding brakes

chaz20vt Oct 1, 2013

1. chaz20vt

chaz20vt Member

Iv got myself a gunson eezibleed kit hoping to bleed my brake
    Is it just a case of connecting it to a spare tyre at 20psi then connect to brake resourvour and undo each nipple at a time?
    Do i need to do both nipple on the master cylinder
    O have searched but no definite answer to what i need to know
    Thanks in advance

2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Are you flushing the system or just bleeding a certain corner?, if the master cylinder has not gone dry you shouldnt need to touch it...
    Is 20 psi on the instructions? seems quite high

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Gunson say a max of 20psi iirc... I normally use 15psi...

The bleeder has instructions does it not for normal bleeding operation?

I normally bleed drivers side rear, passenger side rear, drivers side front, passenger side front then both MC nipples/// but as Dave said there shouldn't be any reason to do the MC unless after a full bleed the pedal travel is still long... have done a few full bleeds that have not dropped the level in the reservoir but still needed the MC to be bleed to get the pedal up... I would advise bleeding the clutch too as this uses the same fluid

<tuffty/>

4. chaz20vt

chaz20vt Member

Thanks for that guys

5. vfr800

vfr800 Active Member Team Dolphin Grey Audi S3 quattro Audi A6

To bleed the clutch, is it the single bleed nipple on top of the gear box housing?

Liam