Bleed valve advice.

ayfreetee

Reaction score
My AUM boost pressure appears to be low, as the car is running on standard map at the mo and I have a FMI also a cold air intake with the cone down at the bumper, I think all the extra pipe work and the larger cooler is making hard for the turbo to fill it all and keep the pressure up, the car is maxing at 5 psi then dropping to 3, my question is, would it be okay to fit a bleed valve to bring the boost back to the standard pressure again? Thanks.

I think you will be best for checking for boost leaks first but even if that's ok there must be something causing it if it's not reaching the pressure it should be? ;)

Sure the n75 is plugged in, correctly fitted or working? 5psi sounds like its running just actuator pressure.

dont fit a bleed valve to fix a fault like this..
find the fault.... 5psi should be minimum pressure on actuator... not less

Yes the N75 valve is new and all plugged in properly, I will have to check it all for boost leaks again, the car pulls really well, I spose it could be just a crappy boost gauge giving false readings, I do know in some cases that when fitting a larger intercooler the pressure can drop, thanks for the replys chaps.