1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blanking Stuff

CarbonBlack Feb 20, 2014

1. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack Member

Did the SAI, N249 & PCV to Catch Can bypass & just left the Sensors plugged in. Everything fine & no Dash Light. Also removed the Charcoal Canister, blanked off the nipple on top of the Inlet Manni & the one on the other side of the Canister. Left this Sensor plugged in aswel but after I give the car a little foot to floor action I get the dash light. Torque App says it's a purge fault on the Canister, clear the code & it's okay for a while, little playing & it's back on again. So am I supposed to block off any of the nipples on the Charcoal Canister Sensor?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack Member

Anyone? I thought this would of been a easy one for you modded guy's

3. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack Member

120 views with not 1 Post lolol. Can someone even say if you can wipe out the Code when I eventually get a Map?!

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

5. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack Member

I can clear the Code with my Torque App but I thought that with some things you can wipe them out for good in VCDS?

6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Some things can be written out of the ecu from a competent mapper, not sure VCDS can do much delete if any...

7. CarbonBlack

CarbonBlack Member

Cheers mate, yeah I meant writing it out of the ECU when I get a Map. You think the Carbon Canister can be written out?