Blank A3 S-Line fog light grills

jamieswales

Reaction score
Wanting to change the space where the fog lights are, to grills that dont have foglight....do these exsist?

Also, so anyone know how i would run LED wiring (a positive and an earth wire) from my foglight wires and ammend the settings so that the foglights run constantly?

Thanks for your help

This depends I think on which version of the S-Line you have. If it's the early version (04-06), then the answer is yes, because the front bumper was the same as the Sport model and the SE fog lamp "blank" surrounds will fit. Later models from 06 had a different front bumper unique to the S-Line and I don't think any blanking covers were available, since fog lights were standard on the S-Line.

If you're planning to add LEDs to your fog lights, then you need to find a 12V feed that is live when the engine is running - unfortunately, I don't know of any but others on this forum might! I assume you won't be running the normal fog light bulbs as DRLs, because this might cause problems with Plod.

looking at ETKA I'd say no in that you either get spots or grills with bits that are shaped like spots at the ends. I take it you were looking for a look that just a plain grill look? If you know what I mean?

As others have said I dont think you can as I looked into it when someone was asking about fitting a new style sline bumper to a vehicle with no fogs

ohh ok thanks.

In relation to running the lights, im sure i read a guy on here had programmed his audi to run his fog light permanantly when the engine is running????

You can buy the S-Line fog light blankers from VAGParts.com for £16.

You can use VAGCOM to enable "Scandinavian DRL" and then there is an option to "use fog lights as daytime driving lights".

Scandinavian DRLs puts front and rear lights on with the ignition. North American DRLs put the front lights on only when the ignition is on and the handbrake is disengaged.

VAGParts will also sell you the S6 LED kit which includes the DRL lights, two electrical plugs, prewired terminals and fixings screws for £128.91 + VAT. That price should include the 5% discount for ASN members.

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onea...ticle=0060_Audi+S6+LED+DRL=27s+=28S6DRLkit=29

S6LEDDRL_400x267.jpg

thanks..would the plugs plug straight into the foglight connections?

how do i got about doing this VAGCAM thing?

Sorry im new to all this

It looks like the connectors they are providing in the kit should hook into your fog light connector. Probably best to check with them before you order. You can email sales@vagparts.com or else give Alan or Martyn a call and tell them that you have the S-Line bumper and fog lights and can they supply the required connector for the S-Line fog lights. They are H11 bulbs in the S-Line fog lights, so you'll need connectors the same as is on the end of a H11 bulb.

VAGCOM is a cable and some software which you can purchase from www.ross-tech.com for about 200 quid or you can find someone who lives nearby who has a lead and offer them some beer tokens in exchange for their time.