1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackvue DR380G In Car Camera - Accident Witness / Track Day / Protection

Discussion in 'Group Buy / Discount Forum' started by Advanced_InCarTech, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Advanced_InCarTech

Advanced_InCarTech Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Sep 20, 2012]
    Hey guys!!

After the great success of our DR380G Camera competition (Well Done again to ScottB5 for winning) we have decided to give you a steal of a deal to get your own camera at a great Group Buy Price! We have also seen a lot of crash / damage to car threads popping up! Help save your no-claims with one of these cameras!

The Blackvue DR380G In Car Camera Worth £209

[​IMG]

The Blackvue DR380G HD In Car Camera is the newest camera from Blackvue and shares a lot of amazing features that it's bigger brother, The Blackvue DR400G HD is known for. It too is an in car camera system that provides you with a High Definition picture (1280X720) thanks to its impressive wide angle CMOS lens. Featuring a 2 megapixels camera, it's small and stylish design it gives you a discreet In Car camera that records every journey and could be a vital accident witness.

When teamed up with a Power Magic Pro (Battery Monitor System) you can really make full use of the extra features such as Night Mode and Motion Detection. Help protect your car when you're not near it. Perfect if you park your car in a shopping car park. If your car does get damaged, you can capture the offender or offending car as they go past.

You can check it out here - Accessories - Popular Blackvue In Car Camera Extras

The camera comes with a cigarette lighter plug but it is possible to hardwire everything behind the scenes with either an adaptor or using the a Power Magic Pro. If you need any help with installing it or get a bit stuck you are more than welcome to give us a quick call for some friendly advice. If you want a professional installation we have a nationwide team of engineers that can come out to your home or work to do the installation. This will be an extra cost if you would like this service.

Below is a video of what you can expect. This is a video for the DR400 and not the DR380 but gives you an idea of what to expect:

Click the little cog and set to 720p to get an idea of quality!!

---

This next video shows you the way the Blackvue camera software works:

Click the little cog and set to 1080 to get a good idea of how it works!!

If you want to check out some more info on the camera then head on over to:

http://www.advanced-incarcamerasystems.com/blackvue-dr380g-hd/

or

Blackvue DR380G HD In Car Camera System | Advanced In Car Technologies

The Group Buy Details

If we get a minimum of 10 people ordering the camera - £189 + £5 Special Delivery P+P

If we get a minimum of 20 people ordering the camera - £179 + £5 Special Delivery P+P

The £5 Special Delivery is highly recommended! It is fully insured and tracked for your protection and ours. It will require a signature on delivery.

The Group Buy will end the 31st October!

Due to the high value cost of ordering these units in, we will require a deposit via PayPal for £10 to secure your camera. This £10 will be deducted from the final cost at the end of the Group Buy.

Unfortunately due to the high cost of PayPal charges we cannot accept final/full payment through this method. We will provide you with our direct bank details for the final payment. An invoice will be sent with your camera on delivery.

If PayPal is the only method you can pay then 5% will be added to the price. So the price would be £198.45 for 10 buys and £187.95 for 20 buys.

If you would like to purchase the Power Magic Pro as well then just let us know and we will let you know the cost.

Please post up below if you fancy getting one of our cameras and then PM us directly to let us know.

Thanks guys!

The Advanced In Car Tech Guys

Tel: 01202 776699
    www.advanced-incar.co.uk
    www.advanced-incarcamerasystems.com
    www.facebook.com/AdvancedInCar

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 20, 2012]
    Yep. me please.
    I would also like it installed in Birmingham or Kent if at all possible. Could you please let em know how to go about this?
  4. Advanced_InCarTech

[Sep 20, 2012]
    Hey,

Yes that wouldn't be a problem.

Nationwide Installation is £79 for the camera.

You don't need to worry about the details until the end of the group buy. Once you have fully paid for the camera, you can purchase the installation voucher from our site. We will then organise for an engineer to come out to your work or home address for when it is suitable for yourself.

The £10 deposit via Paypal needs to be sent to sales@advanced-incar.co.uk.

5. sidibear

[Sep 20, 2012]
    Deposit sent.
  6. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

[Sep 24, 2012]
    I'm up for this - PM sent
  7. Advanced_InCarTech

[Oct 1, 2012]
    BUMP
  8. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

[Oct 10, 2012]
    can the camera be wired to a in car screen? if so im in..
  9. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Insurance and police related question. How useable is one of these cameras in the event of a collision for providing evidence? Do the police accept the data stored and the fact that you are recording all activity as usable evidence? how good is it at reading other reg numbers while moving?

Would the insurance companies approve and maybe offer a reduction if fitted professionally?

Im curious, I spend a lot of time on the road, and recently bought one of the maplin cheapo stick on units, not idea at all, but i see potential in something like this.
  10. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, my father used to own a haulage company and we had to have B.S signs saying "cameras onboard CCTV " on our lorrys with cameras by law. Also council told me at my warehouse with CCTV I have to show signs saying CCTV in use . If you don't , you cannot legally use the CCTV obtained for your benefit ( loophole for scumbags cough cough)

Sean
  11. sidibear

[Oct 10, 2012]
    Audi A3, they are very usable in the event of a collision, shows exactly what happened in real time, also the speed and gps location of your vehicle. They read reg numbers very well, and the playback on your PC can be speeded up, slowed down or even paused and zoomed in.
    It is probably up to the individual insurance companies but when I called Aviva and asked them they sounded pretty interested.

s33nyboy12, commercial property and privatly owned property are two separate entities. If you have a commercial building with CCTV on it you have to have signs up, if you have them on your house you don't. Probably the same with vehicles but I stand to be corrected.

Have a look at uploaded footage on YouTube, especially the night footage, its a really remarkable little unit.
  12. stewartS3

stewartS3 New Member

[Oct 11, 2012]
  13. stewartS3

stewartS3 New Member

[Oct 11, 2012]
  14. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

[Oct 11, 2012]
    Scott had his installed and recorded a crash first week it was up lol
  15. sidibear

[Oct 11, 2012]
  16. s3dave

[Oct 11, 2012]
    ^^ yeah he was trying to get the bloody camera straight..... :lmfao:
  17. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Oct 14, 2012]
    Original BlackVue DR380G-HD
    Vehicle Car Black-Box Drive GPS Recorder (8GB)

ENGLISH SOFTWARE IS INSTALLED!!!

18. sidibear

[Oct 14, 2012]
    Bez, The voice is part of the unit, it matters not what countries software is installed as the operating software is part of the micro sd card, the voice will still be in the language of the country the device was intended for.
    And unless it was intended for the UK it stands a chance the voice will not be in English.
    I may be wrong, and you pays your money you makes your choice.
    But if I was spending out the best part of £200 on something, I would want it to be from somewhere reputable.
  19. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Oct 15, 2012]
    Hey Guys,

Sorry haven't responded, been very busy!!

In regards to insurance - More and more insurance companies are starting to take notice of these cameras and are offering discount for vehicles that have one of the Blackvue cameras fitted. Adrian Flux is one of them. Think they offer 15% off.

---

In regards to the legal ramifications:

Have looked across the net and found this:

Q - Are there any legal issue surrounding the use of in car CCTV cameras
    A - There are no issues with that type of CCTV. You don't need the consent of a person to film them. If you did the activities of the press would be unlawful all of the time. The footage is yours unless you act under contract to another person in which case it is theirs. That does not change because the footage contains a child. Photographs do not belong to the person in the photograph and they have no copyright claim upon them.

Source: Are there any legal issue surrounding the use of in car CCTV - JustAnswer

---

In regards to units off eBay - Ok the price looks good and in all honesty it’s cheaper than what we would sell it for. Knowing what our buy price is, they can only be making a couple of quid and concentrate on box shifting.

Now you have to ask the question, why is it so cheap? Well these units are usually imported or refurbished units. If it’s an import then it’s likely the software is specific to another country and like SidiBear has mentioned you can encounter issues with voice, gps etc. If the unit is a refurb, then you never really know what you’re getting.

If you buy a camera from us, you get 12 months worth of warranty. We are honest, genuine and a family run company. We work for loads of big clients such as Audi, VW, BMW, Sunseeker etc etc. Clients that we have built up over the last ten years due to our service and reputation. If you have a problem, you can call us and we will help you out with anything you need. Advice, suggestions etc etc.

Do you get all of that with an eBay seller who is just trying to shift units? I’m not so sure. I myself have fallen victim to this. Ok, I got my money back from PayPal but it was a major hassle and in some ways, having to prove my innocence.

---

Hope that all helps some of you out.

As usual, if you have any questions then just chuck me a PM or even give me a call (01202 776699)

Tim
  20. Cruiser89

[Oct 15, 2012]
    Guys,

If you want to see how good the night mode is, look at the first video in the first post and go to about 1min 5sec. I Know its for the DR400 but it is round about the same quality.
  21. Advanced_InCarTech

[Oct 15, 2012]
    Here are a few pictures of an installation we did for an Audi TT customer over on the TTOC Forum....

[​IMG]

---

[​IMG]

---

[​IMG]
  22. Denny

Denny New Member

[Oct 15, 2012]
    Hi I am interested in a unit but £79 fitting seems steep, can one not do our own fitting?
    I assume it is wired into mirror.
    Thanks
  23. Cruiser89

[Oct 15, 2012]
    Of course you can bud. You can wire it into the fuse board using a cigarette plug hard wire adaptor or using the power magic pro. As it has a cigarette adaptor you can plug it straight into your cigarette lighter if you want.

The fitting charge is only for those who want it professionally hard wiring into their car. It's not a condition of the GroupBuy so don't worry. The £79 is our standard installation charge for this kind of service.

You can also find your own engineer / auto electrician to wire it in if you don't feel confident.
  24. s3dave

[Oct 16, 2012]
    Post # 15 please cruiser...:p
  25. Jameze

Jameze James

[Oct 17, 2012]
    Very tempted! It will be a good investment with winter approaching. How many people have committed so far?
  26. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

[Oct 17, 2012]
    I'm up for it - hopefully the Leeds installer will be as professional as per the pics above!
  27. sidibear

[Oct 17, 2012]
    Mine is in, had it fitted last weekend, very nice neat job and I am very impressed with the camera footage. Its very easy to use and set up, but I would say that the voice volume is really quiet, you have to turn it right up with the software. I have a 16GB card fitted and it records for around 10 hours before over writing.
    I have it fitted just above the rear view mirror and it is really discrete. I will try an take a piccy in the morning.
  28. Jameze

Jameze James

[Oct 17, 2012]
    Nice one, it will be interesting to see some pics of it installed. Did you go for the Power Magic Pro as well to take advantage of the parking recording? What memory card does it come with out of interest? I think I'll definitely be getting one before the group buy expires.
  29. sidibear

[Oct 17, 2012]
    It is wired direct into the fuse board and the installer said it should be ok without the power magic pro, but its an easy install if its needed. I said I don't use the car all the time and its may not be used for around five days, he said it would be ok.
    Its automatically set to go to park mode if the unit does not detect the car moving for a short time. Mine came with a 16gb card but I have just ordered a 32gb card from 7dayshop.com for £17. The 16gb is ok but if I need to save footage I need to do it before the card starts to over write itself, I figured I would need a spare card incase so went for a larger capacity one.
    I have it set so the blue LED is not on in park mode but come on in event or normal mode. That way I know its on when I am driving but it does not show a blue light in the car when its parked up, I like it to be discrete.
  30. sidibear

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Mine installed.

From inside.
    [​IMG]

From the end of the bonnet.
    [​IMG]

Close up.
    [​IMG]
  31. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter

[Oct 18, 2012]
    I believe you can dave.
    There is a video out put of the unit, you are given the cables needed to wire it in to a screen.
    So I can't see why not.
  32. ScottD3

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Sidi,
    Does your sun visor/darker strip at the top effect the video colour or quality?
    I had mine up there and the blue strip effected the footage to much and it was of the wiper area, so really dirty.
  33. Jameze

Jameze James

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Do you have the little sun visor above your rear view mirror? If so, does the camera placement affect it being used?
  34. sidibear

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Scott, no, I just turned the brightness up a bit and it was fine and is within the wiper sweep.

Jameze, no, I don't have that little bit.
  35. ScottD3

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Cool.

They stopped doing that little flap?
    Aww, bye little flap..............I've never used mine. lol
  36. Denny

Denny New Member

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Whats the price at the moment? Are they delivered at the begining of Nov? & is there a fitter in Exeter?

Cheers
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  37. s3dave

[Oct 18, 2012]
    Cheers cruiser....I mean scott!!...:whistle2:
  38. sidibear

[Nov 1, 2012]
    Update time. I have fitted a 32gb card and it records for around 26 hrs in park mode. The angle of light / sun entering the camera can turn the footage pink.
    Other than that, no problems.
  39. dstev

dstev Member

[Nov 7, 2012]
    Is there no sound recording for these?

The biggest reason I would want one is to try and capture people who damage your car in car parks. However if there is no sound how are you supposed to know when somebody has damaged your car? For example, if someone dinks the side of your car how are you going to know who and when it is done?
  40. sidibear

[Nov 7, 2012]
    It also records sound, and the g sensor will pick up any movement to the car, there is also a movement detector which is operated through the lens, anyone walks past and its recorded. Mine is set to the most sensitive mode, so its pretty much on all the time, despite being in park mode.

Footage today of a van overtaking on the wrong side of the road to turn right at a red light, if he had hit someone I would have had him in full HD. I uploaded it without sound as I was listening to something a bit "parental discretion advised" and didn't want to rate the video 18.

KL08 DXH White van idiot jumping red light - YouTube
  41. dstev

dstev Member

[Nov 7, 2012]
    OK sounds cool then in that case. How sensitive is the G sensor, would it pick up someone opening their car door on your on to your car for example?