1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackpool Illuminations - Don't bother !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by JohnboyC, Sep 25, 2010.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Thought I would take the family out in my hobby car this evening...so we left Chorley at 6pm ish to get to Blackpool for 6:40ish. Anyways got on the road between St Annes & Blackpool....got half way along it...and then spent 2 hours queuing, for about half a mile, BEFORE we got to the 1st set of lights.......

Kids were bored
    Wife was fed up and wanted a pee
    I was bored

But on the positive side, weather wise its was good !

People were wandering about asking for donations - Hmmmm....

Anyways 0/10 for Blackpool councils organisation of the traffic flow - it was completely sh1t !!!!
    and 10/10 to the police who were turning people back to the end of the queue who were trying to jump the queue.

Top tips are Don't drive, take the tram, walk, ride a bike...... or just stay away from Blackpool full stop !
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

We took our boy there last year, he was all excited, but same catastrophe, bought him a fan-dangly spinny neon thing from the Blackpool car 2 car entrepreneurs £7.00 each!! and he fell asleep before we reached the first set of lights lol! so it was definately not worth it!
  3. Sandip

Sandip Active Member

Driving through the illumination is danger island bud!

It gets quieter later on when it gets colder:cold:
  4. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

Yeh, when we have been we have left it til nearer turn off when its Freezing lol! Sadly though alot of the bulbs have blown by then too!
  5. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Went there 30 or so years ago & decide at even at age of 10ish that its was a horrible tacky place that i'd never return to LOL