Blacking out the Audi badge help!!

JD007F

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to change the front Audi badge to all black so it matched the black out grille could someone photo this or maybe just have some options and where to buy them from?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373022262235828

Many thanks james.

Yup plastidip it. Did mine recently, easy enough to do and a can is around £18.

Okey dokey what is it like a spray paint of some sort I take it?
kind of, sprays out a kind of wrap thing, YouTube it! It looks quite easy and if you don't like it you can peel it straight off

kind of, sprays out a kind of wrap thing, YouTube it! It looks quite easy and if you don't like it you can peel it straight off

Oh rite aww sounds quit good then! What's it like for lasting etc?

Oh rite aww sounds quit good then! What's it like for lasting etc?

Supposed to last very well. People do wheels, exhaust tailpipes and even whole cars with it so it seems to be pretty robust. I imagine the fact that it's rubberised will mean it won't chip off like paint would off of a shiny surface.

I agree with the ebay rings, fitted them on mine and for around the same price as a can of plastidip.

But then you don't get to try out plastidip.
I'm fighting the urge to buy some and try it, because it looks quite addictive. The youtube videos make it look so easy.

Oh rite cheers guys I'm now unsure which one to do lol I'm going to have to look this stuff up on the Internet. Is the rings easy to get off the grille etc?

Oh rite cheers guys I'm now unsure which one to do lol I'm going to have to look this stuff up on the Internet. Is the rings easy to get off the grille etc?

Plasti dip it mate its really easy compared to wrap and you could peel it away whenever your tired of it within a couple of minutes. If you haven't searched on it already check out dipyourcar on YouTube guy named fonzie has a channel on this and shows you the process on how to plasti dip grill, badges, wheels & entire car.

But personally I would get a clear plasti dip which would give it a brushed aluminium effect if your interested if not then black. They are about £17 on eBay posted.

black ebay rings all the way :thumbsup:

Persian

Okey dokey thanks ill check that out later once I've finished work I did think about a brushed aluminium look actual it's a toss up between that and black but ill have a look at the videos as go from there thanks for the advice pal.

black ebay rings all the way :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy I'm still thinking of this option as its easy but ill check this plastidip first and then decided.
How do u get the front badge off by any chance is it pop on and off.

Cheers

Am sure there just double sided on the rear and clipped in the front

Am sure there just double sided on the rear and clipped in the front

Okey dokey that cool I'm bit fused about the rear just the front one really so ill crack on and do that in athe next few days.