1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry Bold 9000 Sync and General Firmware info

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Unclebob101, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Unclebob101

Unclebob101 New Member

Guys,

Just recently purchased an A4 B7 Sline (170) with RNS-E and was at first able to sync my blackberry bold so that I could get contacts displayed in my dash.

My Audi then went in for a service, they did a software upgrade and now I can't sync correctly. It will simply say 'please wait' contstantly and all calls simply sow the numbers, not the contacts.

The interesting thing is though that sometimes my dialled numbers come up with the contact names...?? Weird :wacko:

I'm not sure how I can find my RNS-E firmware version so any help on this would be much appreciated.

I've trawled ALOT of forums about this, especially the Blackberry ones (which are *****!) but I haven't found a concise answer. When looking at the phone compatibility pages, I can't seem to find the bold...???

Cheers guys

Rob

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

This is seems to be a standard fault with BB and Audi, I have had lots of customers experience the same issue as you with different Audi cars and BB's not syncing after a while.

No solution yet for this.

4. Unclebob101

Unclebob101 New Member

Craig,

Thanks for the reply, I've seen you've had a lot of experience with this so glad you replied. I'm just wondering if I can try and identify what firmware version I've got on there if I can then downgrade it back. I have in my posession the 0650 - 0660 (which includes the VIM hack) so would be happy to use this.

Think it's worth a try?

On another note, I had a look at your site but it didn't say that you do RNS-E fits in A4's (unless I missed it which I may!). I was looking at putting in a DLO Homedock with a Kufatec adaptor but was thinking it might be asier to have it done for me....:rock:

5. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

I would go with the Alpine KCE425i rather than the DLO system.

I don't think the sync issue is a problem with the Audi SW/FW/HW I rather think this is a BB issue as all other phones work fine and it's only BB's that have this issue. I rather think it is something BB should be fixing.