Black trim

Key thing to remember is that plastics need cleaning just like your wheels/paint/glass.

If they are relatively new, something simple like meguirars all purpose cleaner, coupled with a soft brush will do.

Protecting wise, you have a considerable choice. Chem Guys new look gel is a fav of mine. Auto Glym bumper care is perfectly acceptable.

Good advice there from JD.....I have tried most things on my black trim. Aerospce protectant is EXCELLENT, but is costly (I use it now only when I re-wax the car after stripping it). Recently I have been using Poorboys natural look dressing. I love this stuff! You can use it on your interior, outer trim, engine plastics and even the walls of the tyres! It lasts ok and is very easy in its application. The price is very affordable too! Apply it with a microfibre pad or sponge applicator, leave it if you want a shinyer look, or buff it off if you want a duller but natural look. AMAZING STUFF!

Oh and quick note on this front for all you noob polishers. If you get polish on your rubbers and in your plastics, do not fret!

WD40 (no I'm not joking), a MF towel and scrub. It works a treat. Then wash, clean and protect as above. Same with linseed oil, but who has that hanging around ;)