1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black smoke ??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by dannyjb, Jan 31, 2012.

1. dannyjb

dannyjb Member

hi, on my a4 tdi (130) its got a few modifications on it, front mount, k&n panel filter, custom exhaust, and decat...

it has been remmaped also but im having abit of a problem with black smoke bellowing out on mid throttle/boost

is this normal or is there a fault some where? ive been told by one company that its fairly normaly but if am honest i dont think it is?

the car drives spot on to be fair good power and pulls fine, just the smoke is an issue!
  2. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

the smoke is pretty normal after a remap. As it is probably pumping more fuel in than it can burn to produce the extra power.
  3. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

normal to overfuel m8..... you got egr working if so is it clean and working fine
  4. dannyjb

dannyjb Member

hmm ano a little bit would be fine but this is alot like, ive got it in at a audi tuning place where i live so ill see what they say :) thanks tho
  5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

let us know what they siad.
  6. Dvfreeman

Dvfreeman New Member

sorry for a bit late reply and off-topic, but is yours a mk2 a4? and if so where did you source the front mount from? is it the same as on the VW bora?