black or chrome grill surround?

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
i have quite bad stone chips on my chrome grill surround, and cant decide whether to go for the black vinyl wrap or just order a new chrome one!
what are your opinions on this? (my car is lava grey)

I'd go for a Optic grill from your local Audi there about £120
I have a Lava Grey A3 and the Optic grill does look good on the car just waiting to fit mine(lazy bumper needs spraying). If you need a chrome one let me know as i have a spare one but its S-line. Blazin and few others have Lava Grey A3 with Optic grill and looks soo much better sure they be willing to post picture. Or if you want i can do a quick search for a thread that a member lee done (when he couldnt pick between black or lava grey) there were a few lava grey a3 with optic grills? If that helps

Ashley

EDIT: IF you go on Post picture of your 8p a3 there a lava grey one on there with optic grill and here the link http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65368&highlight=lava+grey+black

Hope it helps

I have seen the Lava Grey with black grill (almost bought it) and it looks fab. I have an Ibis White A3 with the same grill. :)

Black optics grill looks much nicer IMO, plus there much more exclusive. A great mod all round!

Yeah theres a few on my thread for a while back, I'd got with the Optics grill mate. Does go well with the car and looks even better when you've got the cupra spoiler

so no one recommends the black vinyl on the chrome surround then?
how much is a new chrome grill surround?
the missus would batter me if i spent £120 on the optik grill right now, our boilers just blown up, so need to find about £1100 sharpish, as no hot water or heating!!!

Personally I'm not a fan of the optics grille. IMO it looks good on white and light silver but that's about all.

If I was going to play around with mine I'd probably try for a matt silver finish.