Q5 Black optics pack???

soldier4313

A4 Avant B9 2.0 Tdi
Reaction score
So last year I decided to change my decisions and buy a Skoda Kodiaq, before everyone shoots me down this car is amazing by far the best car I have ever owned apart from one problem the badge!!!!

So, I’ve decided to go back to Audi and buy a Q5. I live out on Germany and get my cars tax free and get a fair discount on top of the 20% tax.

I am looking at the 2.0 petrol SLine with the following options

20” wheels
Daytona grey
Leather
Flat bottom wheel
Extended light pack
Folding mirrors
Storage pack

Coming in about £34k my only issue is that on the german Audi site you can buy the black optics pack and here you can’t!

Does anyone know if the black optics pack is coming to the uk ?

Audi UK have been notoriously bad at releasing black optics packs on the newer cars whereas Germany have done from launch / a lot sooner.

Saw it with the Q7 & A4 launches.

Being so close to MY19 switchover at around the end of May (Wk22) from memory - presume this is where we will see any spec changes and new options launched.

Reactions: soldier4313
For what it is worth, I purchased a 2015 Q7 a few years ago. I just had all the chrome wrapped glossy black. Looks so much better. Cost only a few hundred US dollars. Granted, not the same but the same look in the end.

My only worry is the roof rack bars. I don’t use them to date, but if I ever use them in the future I’m not sure how the vinyl wrap will hold up with the rack clips going on it. May be totally fine or it may get dinged up a bit.

Reactions: soldier4313