1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black leather restorer?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by S3featesV9, Oct 1, 2011.

1. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

Spent today doing a good search on the web for some black leather restorer, found a few but unsure what I should really be using.

So what do you guys advise? I just want something to bring it all back to glory and no scratches and worn looking.

Thanks
  2. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

Actually restoring leather (taking out scratches etc) is quite a skilled process.

To make a really good improvement, cleaning it and feeding it will make a massive difference: we did this RS6 a while back and I think it's fair to say we improved the leather a bit.....http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/114482-polished-bliss%AE-rs6-mtm.html

It was cleaned with Swissvax Leather Cleaner Forte: Swissvax Leather Cleaner Forte | Swissvax Car Care & Detailing Products then dressed/fed with Raceglaze Leather Balm: Raceglaze Leather Balm | Raceglaze Car Care & Detailing Products

Swissvax Leather Cleaner Forte, I'll be the first to admit, isn't the cheapest product on the market but it is outstanding. A very small amount goes a long way so that bottle should last longer than you own your car!

Raceglaze Leather Balm leaves a very matt, low-shine finish which really suits the leather in higher end cars such as Audis.

:)
  3. cloughy

cloughy Member

4. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

5. S3featesV9

S3featesV9 Active Member

that rs6 looked fantastic in the end...

im going to buy some of that raceglaze...i do have a leather cleaner, the autoglym leather cleaner.

will it stil do same job as that £38 quid swissvax? or is autoglym stuff utter rubbish? im yet to use it.

i did order some Gliptone GT11 leather conditioner as i see some good comments about it, but is yet to be delivered.
  6. John @ PB

John @ PB Member