1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black headlights s3 facelift model

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Quattro Singh, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh New Member

Hi,

I've seen on a couple of pic's of S3's with black headlights and quiet like the look of them, now i dont really wanna take them apart and paint them as i'm not sure how good they with come out, i have seen some online but they all seem to be angle eye versions are these the only ones available?

if so wheres the cheapest place to get these?

Thanks,

Hardeep.
  2. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

3. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh New Member

hi

sorry maybe i wasnt clear i want the inside to be black rather then the standard chrome look
  4. kwistof

If you don't want to open them up yourself, then you won't find any OEM one's being sold like that brand new- and if you do then they would have been a DIY job.

The lights are £500 each side from Audi...so I doubt any company will sell them with the insides being sprayed to black, as that's quiet a niche market.

So yes, I believe you are correct that the only ones available are angel eyes....and would also need a HID kit with them as I don't think the Xenon and balasts can be put in there from your original S3 lights.

Other than that your only option really is to DIY and there are a few guides on here on how to open them up properly.

Good luck
  5. Quattro Singh

Quattro Singh New Member

damn!

do you know what paint is the best to use?

i'll have a look for the guide

Cheers
  6. kwistof

Sorry cant help with what paint to use tbh, but its been covered a few time before so I'm sure someone has mentioned what make and finish they used.

Happy searching :)
  7. Munch

Munch Member

I've painted the insides of my pre facelift lights. All I used was a tin of hammerite and a 1/2 inch brush.
    completely transforms the look. I'm just trying to find replacement seals for my indicators and then can do them too