1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Headlight Poss Repaint

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by mike_plymouth, Apr 1, 2010.

1. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

Hello people, with the recent weather my drivers side headlight has become pretty wet inside, iv tried opening the back and using a hair dryer and leaving the bulbs on as much as i can but the moisture isnt going away and now has left water stains inside the lense so its not looking so hot. Im guna open it up tomra and give the lense a good clean and dry but i was thinking about touching up the front edge of the inner part as where it is up agains the lense it paint has flaked a little and left white marks, its not a lot but its bugging me.

Now im thinking do it spray the front edge of the inner lense satin black again? Or do i go for gloss black front and satin black rear or Silver front edge and black rear which looks a little like the A4's which are 2 tone chrome front edge and black rear/ base?

Opinions welcome :D

[​IMG]
  2. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

Hello people, popped down to halfords this morning, found nice colour called BMW sparkling grey, i think im going to spray the front edge of the inner plastic grey and the rear part black?
  3. Madant_uk

Madant_uk Member

Just a quick question, did you paint these yourself, or buy them already black? i was thining of doing it myself but wasnt sure how to go about it, thanks
  4. J B

J B Member