Black grille with black xenons??? over kill???

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Hey all. ive got a 2001 ebony black s3... when i bought it, it came with the inner surround of the xenons in black... was thinking of spraying my chrome grille surround and didnt no if itd be 2 black??? opinions please!!

CIMG0799.jpg
(grille off)

CIMG0816.jpg
(after swissvax detail!!)

done my grille surround black, looks much better

black grille definitley! I painted mine dark grey to match the plastic trim, but you could do either as your car is black. I want my new facelift headlights black like that but i daren't start taking them apart....

Should look good mate, cover it in black insulation tape first, will give you a rough idea of what it'l look like.

oooh like this post, was tyhinking about doing exactly the same to mine..... the facelifted 8P's are black n look mint

cheers guys. think its goin black then....lol. should look better when i get some new rims. wasnt sure as ive seen black grilles on black s3s but never seen any with the black lights like mine. wasnt sure of them at first but i guess there different. lol.

So whats the paint stage

rough off with wet and dry
primer
matt black
laquer

????

Black looks great...I want one! Hope the chap in the photo is not taking an angle grinder to your wing!!!

How do you do the black headlights or can you buy them light that??

No, just getting detailed! lol. I bought the car with the black headlight surrounds so i honestly couldnt tell ya. I believe you can buy aftermarket black lights.... dunno if youd be able to be your original xenons in though. Scott