1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black grille mod... any 1 done it???

scott_johnson Feb 22, 2008

1. scott_johnson

scott_johnson Audiless

hey all. as above. Just wunderd if any 1 has done it recently and if they used a matt or a shiney finish???? + what primer / paint used??? cheers

2. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

3. S3_Pricey

S3_Pricey Member

do u mean painting the silver bit that surrounds the grille? i considered doing this to my A3 but unsure of what it will look like on a black car...

4. scott_johnson

scott_johnson Audiless

yeh the chrome surround. the links are pretty brief though. so the general consent is matt black with no laquer?? would look mint on my black s3. got the black xenon mod aswell. looks the nuts...........

5. edward_harris

edward_harris s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6

black xenon mod have you got a pic?

6. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

Black xenon mod you say? I remember there was a guy on here who had blacked out his grille and painted the inside of his headlights, looked very nice.

In terms of spraying the chrome grille bit, remove it from the actual grille, sand it down good and proper (if you want the paint job to last), spray with grey primer, and put on a few coats of matt black paint. It's also a good idea to give it a very quick coat of lacquer to preserve the finish and protect the paint.

7. scott_johnson

scott_johnson Audiless

yeh.. gunna post some old pics of my car........ im having a full correction detailed carried out by tony from swissvax so new pics to follow......... ill post up a new thred in the s3 forum.........