Black Edition

Just spoke to the dealer there. Mines is still showing as Build week 34/22nd August. :rockwoot:

Paul when did you order? Did they give you a reason for the delay? What was the full spec you've ordered?

I think it was because i had ordered the AMI and not the RNE-S. Then the lease company had to process the order again - well thats my guess for the delay. Its just a bog standard BE with electric lumbar for the drivers seat.

I'd be going mad if I was you.

They should have secured the build slot then discussed the problem orders as the orders can be altered.

Hi All, Long time reader of this forum to try and figure out when i'm going to get my hands on my BE!!! I have a A3 Sportback BE 140ps in Scuba Blue (Cruise Control/sound pack/Mobile prep) on order since beginning of February, I have an estimated build date of end of July with delivery early September. How long before build did anyone else get an actual date instead of an estimate??

Hey everyone! On the verge of ordering an A3 Black Edition... but also looking at a 2nd hand TT. Anyone moved from a TT to the BE?

I have an estimated build date of end of July with delivery early September. How long before build did anyone else get an actual date instead of an estimate??

Welcome!

i ordered my s-line sportback 30th January, and the build week starts today!!!!!! excited, can you tell?

I got the build week confirmed about three weeks ago so they said it wouldnt change and it hasn't :happy:

Salesman said they aim to have it here for the first week of July but will let me know once its built and ready to ship because then they have more info! Think you build week should get confirmed in the next couple of weeks!

Hi all, this may be the wrong place for this, but I'm having no luck in the wanted section. I'm thinking of changing the S3 and I punted the original BE wheels and so I'm now needing a set to trade her in. Mine is a March 2010 car, so just before the final facelift, so it's the 7 spoke twin arm graphite alloys in 18" I need, the "RS4" style. Anyone know where I can get or maybe there's someone out there who has changed their wheels and fancies getting rid. Apologies to the mods if they think I'm being cheeky posting here. I'd just rather not trade in with the CH's on as I'd like to keep them, so not thinking about a swap either I'm afraid. Any help appreciated.:icon_thumright:

Yahoo! ... just heard from the dealer today - build week is scheduled for week 34 which means late september delivery! .... this is fantastic news as I was originally told early November for delivery!!

Excited is an understatement!!! wooo :yahoo:

Yahoo! ... just heard from the dealer today - build week is scheduled for week 34 which means late september delivery! .... this is fantastic news as I was originally told early November for delivery!!

Excited is an understatement!!! wooo :yahoo:

Wooooo, same as me!

Reactions: BlackEdition
Hi

Im new to this but have recently ordered A3 Black Edition 170 TDI in Ibis White with the technology pack, comfort pack, interior light pack and lumbar support. I have been given an estimated date via my fleet department (this will be a company car and is ordered through GE) of late December, just wondered if this is likely to change for the better? Also today I was parked next to a brand new blue one which was stunning and am now wondering if ive made the right colour choice and if it would be too late to change.

Hi

Im new to this but have recently ordered A3 Black Edition 170 TDI in Ibis White with the technology pack, comfort pack, interior light pack and lumbar support. I have been given an estimated date via my fleet department (this will be a company car and is ordered through GE) of late December, just wondered if this is likely to change for the better? Also today I was parked next to a brand new blue one which was stunning and am now wondering if ive made the right colour choice and if it would be too late to change.

I changed stuff on my order just over a month and a bit after I placed it.

Ibis is the best though.

Currently in Palm Springs California but heading back to Blighty tomorrow, my delivery is Tuesday a.m. I really cannot wait!!

Thanks for letting me know. I have decided to stick with white, only now im wondering if I should have had the SB with panoramic roof!! Decisions, decisions!!

Thanks for letting me know. I have decided to stick with white, only now im wondering if I should have had the SB with panoramic roof!! Decisions, decisions!!

That would likely change the delivery time as SB's are different from hatches!

I have a brand new SB BE in Ibis White with the Open Sky Roof and it is amazing so a definite thumbs up from me.

Hmmmm changing to the SB with that extra option would also put the cost up for me as I am already going to be paying approx 45 month towards it and its a company car. I wouldnt want to put delivery back any further either as Im currently driving a 320i coupe and cant wait to see the back of it!!

Now done 8000 miles in my 11 plate SB BE 140. It's hard to make your choices black/white/Red/Silver ?? Tech pack ?? Open sky roof ??? When you get round to placing your order it's always a case of...have I made the right choice, should I have gone for xx instead - after clocking up the miles it seems less important about the add ons, just enjoy the ride !!

Finally tracked down the dealer (Leeds Audi) and was informed that I was provissionally slotted in for a week 27 build but the delivery is scheduled for September so not sure if this is correct???

Finally tracked down the dealer (Leeds Audi) and was informed that I was provissionally slotted in for a week 27 build but the delivery is scheduled for September so not sure if this is correct???

Sounds about right tbh.

I was told October delivery to be on the safe side but more than likely it will turn up in September. My dealer said roughly a month once build to get here is a good indication.

So looks like a month and a bit.

So this mean you are still looking at week 27 or it shifted down the calender now?

If it is still week 27 (4th July) then should be here for end of July, I've based this on my order, Build week was 24 (13th June), got a call yesterday to say its all built and ready to ship should be two weeks so im looking at delivery start of July!

So this mean you are still looking at week 27 or it shifted down the calender now?

If it is still week 27 (4th July) then should be here for end of July, I've based this on my order, Build week was 24 (13th June), got a call yesterday to say its all built and ready to ship should be two weeks so im looking at delivery start of July!

My build week is currently Week 34 and I was told to expect delivery end of September so build week 27 should be end of july/beginning august for delivery?

I was simply told week 27 build (ordered 13th March) and expected delivery date to me on the 9th September - I will keep chasing the dealer.

True but remember there will be alot of new cars getting ready for the 1st of September surely? Therefore this could cause a slight delay?

Adam makes a good point, there might be a delay if the car is being built around mid-august!

Build week 27 and delivery in Sept seems very long unless you have asked for a 61 plate mate?

I got an update from Audi today, my car is in the UK and should be delivered to the dealer by the weekend then I should be able to collect some point next week, will have more info tomorrow! I think it was very quick delivery from the factory in Germany to UK, fair enough its in Grimsbury but should be in East sussex soon! :icon_thumright:

Think I might know the answer here but would you go for a new leased A3 Black Edition or a used Audi TT MK2?

Think I might know the answer here but would you go for a new leased A3 Black Edition or a used Audi TT MK2?

Do you want an A3 or a TT .... ?????

We had a new 08 TT that was 'pants' whereas the BE Quattro is great....

Decide what you want and do it... go Quattro if you enjoy driving and great handling.

i was gonna get the black edition but decided to get the s line with lots of extras because the black edition would have been ready in october

I wish I could answer that!

What was bad about the TT you had?

Front wheel drive and 19in RS4 style wheels... handling was pile of pooh in our view. If you are going to buy Audi buy Quattro.

Not a lot wrong with TT but FWD is not good with big wheels and the 2.0TFsi motor .

followed up on my delivery and the build week is showing week 35 so apparently this is looking like an end of September delivery date. Started off at end October so a step in the right direction!

Hi All,

I am looking at a new 3 door black edition but i really really don't want the black inlays as I heard they will scratch etc and I would prefer the silver ones. I am sure someone else mentioned it in this thread but I can't find it. It took me ages to read the whole lot last time, lol!

Does anyone know if you can change them at time of order? Also does anyone know when they will stop offering the black edition?

Cheers all,
Si

Does anyone know if you can change them at time of order?

Cheers all,
Si

Yes, you can request the aluminium inlays and I personally think they look better! Nothing against the black inlays, just too shiney for me!

Hi all - this is my first post having trawled through the entire length of this thread and various others over the last week or so.

I currently drive a 2008 Audi A3 2.0TDI Sport as a company car and I am in the process of ordering a new one. Conveniently the cheapest option for me is the 2.0TDI Black Edition on a 2 year lease, which works out nicely so that the new A3 redesign gets through one iteration.

I've currently specced out the following:

A3 2.0TDI (140) Black Edition, Misano Red, Open Sky, Technology Pack with AMI, Interior Light Pack.

First of all, does the MY12 AMI need a cable to connect your iPod? From the pictures in the brochure it looks like it slots straight into the glovebox dock.

Secondly, is the combination above a good one with regards to black detailing + open sky + Misano red?

Any comments appreciated.

followed up on my delivery and the build week is showing week 35 so apparently this is looking like an end of September delivery date. Started off at end October so a step in the right direction!

Nice 61 plate;)

First of all, does the MY12 AMI need a cable to connect your iPod? From the pictures in the brochure it looks like it slots straight into the glovebox dock.

That's the iPod interface, not the AMI.

AMI has a cable that connects and had a drawer that the iPod sits in.

AMI-01.jpg