Black Edition

Has anyone here ordered or got the "Perforated Leather/Alcantara" seats? I'm curious as to which "way round" the leather and alcantara is (presume leather bolsters and alc centres?) and whether it's the leather or alcantara that's perforated (presume the former). Can anyone clarify?

The bolsters are leather and the alcantara is perforated.

image.img.png

Thanks - leather bolsters makes sense but perforated alcantara sounds really weird - gonna have to find a decent pic of this or even a car with it on to have a look.

Thanks - leather bolsters makes sense but perforated alcantara sounds really weird - gonna have to find a decent pic of this or even a car with it on to have a look.

There tiny holes in the seat's thats it really. hardly that noticable.

Update from me: I will be receiving my Audi hire car on Monday. It is an A4 2.0TDI (143 BHP) Manual '10' plate in Black with Tech Pack and a couple of other options.

No movement of production date or delivery date as of yet. My contact also mentioned continuing sourcing problems for the alloys - not sure if this is just an excuse or reality.

ust be on the same boat as mine then as mine was built last week and currently being shipped!!!
Don't build your hopes up too much !!

I was told mine had left the factory and would be here in a few days, then it sat at the docks on mainland Europe for 2 weeks waiting for a boat.

As of today it's now in the country and will be at the dealers in a day or so, but they can't register it with DVLA due to their stupid, sodding IT system upgrade. They're not back on-line until a week on Monday - what a joke !!! :banghead:

Yaks

I spoke to Audi customer service - their response concerning this system update was to laugh and say that it's already been done. When I asked if there were any productioon problems or delays, they said they couldn't comment. Basically told me to ****** off and pester the dealer.... but i'm kind of sick of doing that now. All i wan't is an approximate build date so I can arrange selling my car - the entire situation is rediculous! :-( 3 Months for a date is a joke!

It sounds as if all these delays are due to some IT problem at the moment. I will be ordering in 3 months, will there still be 6 month wait then?

I hope not as from now I will have to wait 9 months! But only 6 are audi's fault!

Just quickly, are they about to release a new A3? If so, how long? If im waiting 9 months as it is, I could maybe stretch to the new one?

I've got the alcantara seats on my BE and I'm really pleased with the choice. They grip your backside better than any other material and don't get hot and sticky like leather when the sun's been shining in (which has been quite a lot recently, for a change!) As mentioned elsewhere the perforations are quite small and have a silver reflective material behind which really goes well with the silver stitching on the seats and steering wheel.
Let me know if you can't find a pic and I'll try and sort one out

It sounds as if all these delays are due to some IT problem at the moment. I will be ordering in 3 months, will there still be 6 month wait then?

I hope not as from now I will have to wait 9 months! But only 6 are audi's fault!

Just quickly, are they about to release a new A3? If so, how long? If im waiting 9 months as it is, I could maybe stretch to the new one?

My understanding of the new shape is that its due in about 2 years time.

Don't build your hopes up too much !!

I was told mine had left the factory and would be here in a few days, then it sat at the docks on mainland Europe for 2 weeks waiting for a boat.

As of today it's now in the country and will be at the dealers in a day or so, but they can't register it with DVLA due to their stupid, sodding IT system upgrade. They're not back on-line until a week on Monday - what a joke !!! :banghead:

Yaks

Cheer me up why don't you!!!

hoping to pick it up 2 weeks on Friday....

Sorry about that mate, was just feeling a bit exasperated to know that my car will be sitting at the dealer for a week and a half and I can't get to drive it. :(

Hope your's is on track :thumbsup:

hoping to pick it up 2 weeks on Friday....

My S3 has also just been built and is shipping now! Should I be allowing for at least another 2 weeks or so before I can actually pick it up?

My S3 has also just been built and is shipping now! Should I be allowing for at least another 2 weeks or so before I can actually pick it up?

From build date it takes a week to get built and transported to the ship yard, then a further 20 or so days to arrive at the dealers. then a few days prep.

I've got the alcantara seats on my BE and I'm really pleased with the choice. They grip your backside better than any other material and don't get hot and sticky like leather when the sun's been shining in (which has been quite a lot recently, for a change!) As mentioned elsewhere the perforations are quite small and have a silver reflective material behind which really goes well with the silver stitching on the seats and steering wheel.
Let me know if you can't find a pic and I'll try and sort one out
Thanks, love to see some pics, especially with the white stitching :)

My understanding of the new shape is that its due in about 2 years time.

It was originally due this year but everything has slipped. Dealer reckons orders will open at the very end of next year with deliveries starting early 2012.

Thanks - still like to see the actual A3 seats though.

Alc/Leather is a £470 option - reckon it's worth it over the standard cloth/leather?

Thanks - still like to see the actual A3 seats though.

Alc/Leather is a £470 option - reckon it's worth it over the standard cloth/leather?

Yeah i looked all over and cant find a A3 seat lol, its what i have added to my up coming car, i would never have leather again having had alc on my last few cars, nothing is as warm or cool when its needs to be and its so comfortable. As must have in my book.

Yeah I had Leather/Alcantara on my first A3 which was an SE with optional Sport Seats. My current S-Line didn't have an option for it though so I miss it.

Full leather seats are very overrrated IMO. They look good but don't grip you well and get very hot or cold depending on the weather.

I would have thought so, to compare the Golf GTI / GTD is 6 months currently, only the Scirocco seems to have a 3 month lead.

Thanks for the reply :( Shame it is bad news though.

I will feel better when I have put the deposit down though, rather than being in my current situation and having to wait to put it down!

Any Black Edition owners live near Cambridge? Would love to have a proper look without a salesman breathing down my neck!

Finally managed to get a scheduled build date for my car - week 37 which I think is 9 Sep or thereabouts. Expect delivery 1st week in Oct... order was placed on 30th April.

My BE S3 was ordered on 15 May and I have a build date of week32/33 it will be finished on 15 August and then shipped.

My SB A3 ordered on the 14th April is still down for week 35 so thats the 30th August, shipped on the 3rd Sept and Delivered on the 20th Sept.

I also get to have the R8 at some point next week! ooww yeah! will try and video some of it lol.

Thanks for the reply :( Shame it is bad news though.

I will feel better when I have put the deposit down though, rather than being in my current situation and having to wait to put it down!

Any Black Edition owners live near Cambridge? Would love to have a proper look without a salesman breathing down my neck!

I work about an hour or so from Cambridge and I have one on order, will hopefully be delivered in about 4 weeks so if you can wait till then or haven't seen one by then would be happy to show you?

I also get to have the R8 at some point next week! ooww yeah! will try and video some of it lol.

Sounds good, would love to see that. My Brother has just got me an R8 experience at Silverstone for my 30th so that is going to be cool but would be awesome to try it off the track without anyone in the passenger seat telling me to be careful! :whip:

My sister A3 S-line (MY11) as arrived today and will be collecting on Friday. Will take pic's of all the new bits of MY11 model and post it.

Also will be getting an update on my car as the new Audi system will be back up and running.

My sister A3 S-line (MY11) as arrived today and will be collecting on Friday. Will take pic's of all the new bits of MY11 model and post it.

Also will be getting an update on my car as the new Audi system will be back up and running.

Only if she's single and hot! oh you mean the car.. :-(

The MY11 S-line doesn't have the new style alloys wheels on them do they? I will be picking up my MY11 BE this week or possibly next week

The MY11 S-line doesn't have the new style alloys wheels on them do they? I will be picking up my MY11 BE this week or possibly next week

if its an MY11 then it will have the new style wheels.

look forward to the pics - the first MY11 BE on this site perhaps?!

Ordered my A3 SB BE 140 with a few bits & bobs in April with lease company. Today told that delivery will be March 2011 !!!