1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Edition

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by NorthernSoul, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ashleyeagles

ashleyeagles Member

When did you order? Sorry if you've already mentioned it but there's now so many pages on this thread!
  2. piotrtdi

piotrtdi 2.0 TDi CR 170 Sportback BE

PS Ordered on 25/05/2010
  3. Diamond

Diamond Member

I just can't understand what Audi are doing. I placed my order early than you, but your is still been built earlier than mine.:think:

The only thing i can think of is that your dealer as already got build slot in the system already.
  4. RB84

RB84 Member

Count yourself lucky mate. I ordered 18th February. Production date is currently November 22nd. Delivery date is probably an optimistic mid-December depending on shipments from the factory... :think:
  5. danA3T

danA3T Member

Yep, my BE has it and it's crap. If you can, go for the Audi AMI as this is apparently loads better.
  6. RB84

RB84 Member

I know what's going on, and my contact at the dealer confirmed this... when the systems wouldn't accept the new wave of 2011 model orders (after they should have been entered as 2010 and delivered within the 2010 model timeframe) they then re-entered in a random order just to get the orders entered. So all the unfulfilled orders up to that point, and any new ones on the days they were entering them were in one big lump and not prioritised at all. Therefore there are some unlucky ones like us who have been put behind much later orders, and there will probably be some people looking at a normal 3/4 month lead time on their car.
  7. Diamond

Diamond Member

That is unbelievable!

Someone need the sack at Audi.
  8. RB84

RB84 Member

You're right there! Hopefully there are plenty of people swapping to order BMWs and other competition and the people in question (I'm sure there's a lot involved in total) will get a roasting! Unacceptable for a company like Audi. It'd be bad enough if it was a new small goods company that had got so many things wrong.

I should be hearing from my contact today about the Mobility Program and when I might get a car. Sounds like it might be sooner rather than later but will update once I know more.
  9. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

God that is annoying, dont be too disheartened though Diamond i still see it that we get a free car for a few months and i know personally that will save me £500 per month, i will gladly take that and any compo they want to give me for waiting a couple or three months.

Oh and if Audi are stumping up a £550k contingency pot then believe me someone has already been shot.
  10. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

Oh and just too cheer you up look what i found finally!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  11. RB84

RB84 Member

I actually like the wheels! Thanks for finding & sharing the vid
  12. Diamond

Diamond Member

Me too! Thanks Richy_C.:happy:
  13. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

Is it me or do they make the car look longer?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Daley.

Daley. Member

Hi guys I have had a confirmed build date and I'm told car will be delivered September on a 60 plate. Dealer is putting me in a car until then and also said the will compensate me with accessories what you think I should be asking for autoglym etc?
  15. Petoz

Petoz Member

What dealer are you getting your car through? I am still waiting to find out if I will be given a car until my BE arrives (not due until mid-oct).
  16. Petoz

Petoz Member

Doesn't look longer to me, but I really like them. They have grown on me a lot. I want to see them on a 3 door A3 now. A red one preferably. Not seen many red ones at all though, let alone with the new alloys on.
  17. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

I'm not a fan of the new alloys, prefer the old and wish I had chosen them now!
  18. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

i don't think you had a choice did you? i didn't.

I am still not totally sure though myself also, i bought the car for the old twin spokes but im 50/50 on them still, think they will look pretty good on a lowered car.
  19. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

As much as you can carry! the super shine isn't all that really but go for the things like mud flaps, roof rack, boot mats & a track experience in the R8. If you don't ask you don't get!

Even if you don't want some of the kit you can pop it on ebay.
  20. James.Asbri

Don't think I do, will be getting myself some BBS CH Black Edition's anyway!

I also purchased the car wanting the old wheels, not entirely happy with the new wing mirrors either which raises another question. . Are there indicators in them?
  21. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

You know what, i cant see any change in the mirrors, they do have the LED indicator strip still in them though. The B pillar looks better in gloss black too instead of the satin black.
  22. James.Asbri

Where are you finding this information, can't find it anywhere?! Have you got any images of the B Pillar? Looking in the new brochure it also looks like the new DVD Navigation is finished in gloss black, is this correct?
  23. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

There is a MY11 car in the Derby dealership last week and i looked over that, there was an email sent out by Audi HQ that a few customers got also, sure i posted it in this thread somewhere. Not noticed the DVD nav surround to be honest.

Also all new models now have a sensor to stop you putting in the wrong fuel, closes the fuel tank if you get it wrong. this isn't on the mod list so i would assume that there are the other odd little things they have changed.
  24. James.Asbri

Ahhh right, I didn't come across that then!

Suppose i'll just have to wait and see for the very first images of the MY11
  25. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

26. James.Asbri

27. kman

kman New Member

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum but thought I might pass on some information. I've just been into my local Audi dealership (Nottingham) and they've confirmed that my black edition has been built and is now in the process of being shipped over here, mine will be part of the first batch of MY11 black editions to land on these shores and should be driving it by the end of the month (or so i've been promised). I also asked about the new alloys and what would happen if I didn't like how they looked on the car, he said they wouldn't have any hesitations swapping them with the older style 7 spokes from a car in the showroom or sourcing them elsewhere, which is some comfort, not sure if other dealers are offering the same though.
  28. James.Asbri

Lucky you, I've got to wait until December! Be sure to post images, we all want to see what we have ordered. Thats good re-assuring news, might ask for much of the same!

Thanks for sharing!
  29. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

Not a bad deal, that wont last for everyone though i bet as stocks are limited. nice to have the choice though.

Please give us a shout of post pictures though once you get it please. i work in Nott's.
  30. Daley.

Daley. Member

I'm getting through Norwich Audi placed order 15 march they will sort out a demo car for next week
  31. Daley.

Daley. Member

Will defiantly be getting as much as I can out of them 6month wait is a joke!
  32. kman

kman New Member

I'll definitely post up some pics, the dealer didn't have the new car in the showroom which seems a bit odd. I'm still a bit undecided on the wheels and want to see them in the flesh before making an opinion. I originally placed the order on 22nd Feb and like lots of other people I was given a 4 month estimate for delivery but now looks like it will be 5 months when I finally pick it up, if I was told a 6 month wait as it is now I would think again
  33. Richy_C

Richy_C Member

I thought 6 months was about right to be honest, i had a cooper S when they first came out that took about that long and my Edition 30 GTI took 6 months as well, yours has been 7 months though hasnt it? if i get mine in Sept as quoted its been 5 months.
  34. kman

kman New Member

It will be around 5 months by the end of the month, its not just a3's that have long lead times as well though, the dealer claimed they just sold a used Q7 for 3 grand over the new price because they can't get any in til the end of the year
  35. Petoz

Petoz Member

7 months is even more of a joke. And I still don't know if I am being provided with a demo car. Argh, frustrating!
  36. RB84

RB84 Member

Am I 'winning' with a potential 10 month wait between order date and delivery?! Not sure winning is the correct term though...
  37. RicoS3

RicoS3 Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Think I posted in the "pics of your motor" thread, but since it's a BE, I thought I'd post in here too.

Finally got the spare mirror housings painted and put on the car. It definitely changes the appearance for the better as the alu mirrors stood out a mile against the blue and darker elements of the car. A bit more moody I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  38. NICK-C

NICK-C Nick

I am not sure if it is down to the orders being re-entered on the system in a random order or if certain dealers are better than others but I chased my car up again at the end of last week and the build date had changed from week 29 to week 28 which I beleive is this week so I am hoping this is correct and I am told should get the car mid. August.
    Mine is with a lease company but I ordered through a local Audi dealer (Huntingdon) and contact them for info. and they have been very good.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  39. mojo555

mojo555 Member

ust be on the same boat as mine then as mine was built last week and currently being shipped!!!
  40. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Active Member

Has anyone here ordered or got the "Perforated Leather/Alcantara" seats? I'm curious as to which "way round" the leather and alcantara is (presume leather bolsters and alc centres?) and whether it's the leather or alcantara that's perforated (presume the former). Can anyone clarify?